cobra R open track event

auto doug

Established Member
open track event I'm there w/cobra R

hello ! new to this message board stuff I plan on attending the cobra R event , for it's only about an hour drive for me in Lincoln Neb. I'll plan on bringing my 93 cobra R , my chopped top mustang GT street/track car , my ITE mustang (93 cobra)-grabber blue /track car , and even my wifes swb (short wheel base) Lincoln Mark viii . sounds like to much fun to miss!!!! :D :D

Last edited:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: open track event I'm there w/cobra R

Originally posted by auto doug
hello ! new to this message board stuff I plan on attending the cobra R event , for it's only about an hour drive for me in Lincoln Neb. I'll plan on bringing my 93 cobra R , my chopped top mustang GT street/track car , my ITE mustang (93 cobra)-grabber blue /track car , and even my wifes swb (short wheel base) Lincoln Mark viii . sounds like to much fun to miss!!!! :D :D

Welcome to the board, auto doug.

Just so you know. I assume you are referring to the Mid America event in Iowa in Oct. This is the SVT Cobra Mustang Club event, although there will be a fair number of us there from this board in our R's. The actual R meet is in Sept at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wi. You are very welcome to attend one or the other, or better yet, both.

Looking forward to meeting you, thanks for joining our little corner of the world.
Brian

Last edited:

auto doug

Established Member
open track meet

ya thats what I ment ! both events I get confused w/ this reply stuff think i hit the wrong button , yes the mid west event will be great for me (so close) my friend Paul Brown www.hpmotorsport.com will be there as well with his 99 saleen wide body (cabon fiber world challenge) mustang that we do the body & paint on ! and Gary Hamound with the shelby open track is a good friend and puts on a great event ! that track is awsome !! if you go to my web site www.autokraftnebraska.com
.com (still working on it ) you'll see some cool pic of my R code at waterford hills track during last years SVT event , I put 42 miles on it that day on the track (they had to call me in ) it now has 285 miles on it ! you'll also se my 89 mustang gt chop top & swb mark viii I'll be posting much more of our projects latter !k;-) I think I found a very cool web site glad to be aboard oh also check out one of my swb T-bird sc at www.Thundercoupe.com :D let me know what you think of our stuff!------ thanks ----------auto doug

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: open track meet

ya thats what I ment ! both events I get confused w/ this reply stuff think i hit the wrong button , yes the mid west event will be great for me (so close) my friend Paul Brown www.hpmotorsport.com will be there as well with his 99 saleen wide body (cabon fiber world challenge) mustang that we do the body & paint on ! and Gary Hamound with the shelby open track is a good friend and puts on a great event ! that track is awsome !! if you go to my web site www.autokraftnebraska.com
.com (still working on it ) you'll see some cool pic of my R code at waterford hills track during last years SVT event , I put 42 miles on it that day on the track (they had to call me in ) it now has 285 miles on it ! you'll also se my 89 mustang gt chop top & swb mark viii I'll be posting much more of our projects latter !k;-) I think I found a very cool web site glad to be aboard oh also check out one of my swb T-bird sc at www.Thundercoupe.com :D let me know what you think of our stuff!------ thanks ----------auto doug

Paul at HP Motorsports is sponsoring our Oct SCMC event at Mid America. I have been working with him setting it up, very nice guy.

wow!! 285 miles on your 93R? Did you purchase it new????

btw, Very nice cars!!!!!!

R-CODE

Established Member
'93R model

Auto Doug,

You mentioned that u took your R to Waterford Hills? Was that u that was at the SVT Experience in Dearborn? If yes i was parked next to u at the show, I owned the '93R w/headlight covers....correct me if i'm wrong, still factory writing no center caps,etc..on your R.

Welcome to this site and Register your R at our Registry here w/photo Thanks.

Hope u can make it to Michigan again. Later Leo C.:eek: :idea:

auto doug

Established Member
bought new 93 R

yes I bought my 93 R new by accedent !!! from Gransey & Wheeler Ford in Greeley Colorado where I worked in the body shop for 2 yrs in 85-87 , June of 93 I stopped in to visit my friend john still there today! we were talking about a 93 cobra they had in thats was getting preped for a new owner John said" were even getting one of them R code Cobras in " "oh" I said and latter went up frt to ask the sales maneger he seemed proud of that fact he had one comming in . and I said well where do I sign ( I think he thought I was kidding! ) untill i wote a deposit check for 3k , think he wanted it for a show room toy, anyway Ipaid sticker price . when it arived John made sure no one touched it untill I could get there form Neb. so it still has the cayon marks , barcode lable on qrt window & plastic for seats ,ect yes had it at the SVT event and put 42 miles on it at the waterford hills track great fun!!! :)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: bought new 93 R

yes I bought my 93 R new by accedent !!! from Gransey & Wheeler Ford in Greeley Colorado where I worked in the body shop for 2 yrs in 85-87 , June of 93 I stopped in to visit my friend john still there today! we were talking about a 93 cobra they had in thats was getting preped for a new owner John said" were even getting one of them R code Cobras in " "oh" I said and latter went up frt to ask the sales maneger he seemed proud of that fact he had one comming in . and I said well where do I sign ( I think he thought I was kidding! ) untill i wote a deposit check for 3k , think he wanted it for a show room toy, anyway Ipaid sticker price . when it arived John made sure no one touched it untill I could get there form Neb. so it still has the cayon marks , barcode lable on qrt window & plastic for seats ,ect yes had it at the SVT event and put 42 miles on it at the waterford hills track great fun!!! :)

Thats a great story, guess you could call it fate?? I bought #131 in Colorado also. Flew out to denver, took a taxi from the airport directly to the dealership, and drove strait home to minnesota. Great way to break in the car. :)

Looking forward to seeing you at a couple events this year, we have a great group of guys here. There are a couple more that normally lurk, but they are on vacation now.

Now, If we can only get Andy and a few of the Texas and southern guys to come up to the Mid America event we would have it made???????:D :D :D :D

kevin

Re: Re: bought new 93 R

Originally posted by Cobra-R

Thats a great story, guess you could call it fate?? I bought #131 in Colorado also. Flew out to denver, took a taxi from the airport directly to the dealership, and drove strait home to minnesota. Great way to break in the car. :)

Looking forward to seeing you at a couple events this year, we have a great group of guys here. There are a couple more that normally lurk, but they are on vacation now.

Now, If we can only get Andy and a few of the Texas and southern guys to come up to the Mid America event we would have it made???????:D :D :D :D

i think joej is coming. and i be a former texan, i can help represent that state:D

Users who are viewing this thread