Cobra Repo Chrome Rims Ok?

Esimmons81

Established Member
Looking at getting some 17x9 rims to put on my 03 cobra. I see that LMR makes them for 600$ also Amercan Muscle sells them along with Wheels replica. Does anyone have any experience with the quality of the chrome and have they held up? Thanks

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't go with replica wheels! I'm actually afraid that all of those you listed are likely made from same manufacturers, which I believe is China. I had chrome peeling on inside of rim and outside on 1 wheel. No replies when I sent pictures and email. I'd check with AFS wheels first.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Is tough to get quality chrome plating on wheels your paying short money for IMO, I have bought from AFS happy with there wheels.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
Looking at getting some 17x9 rims to put on my 03 cobra. I see that LMR makes them for 600$ also Amercan Muscle sells them along with Wheels replica. Does anyone have any experience with the quality of the chrome and have they held up? Thanks

I went with the LMR 03 Chrome wheels for my V8 Ranger and could not be happier. I have 45,000 miles on them and the chrome is perfect. They balanced out well and spin smooth. No problems at all!

cj428mach

Established Member
I also have AM reps on my car now for about 2 yrs and love them. I went with AM cause I knew if I had any issues they'd stand behind them.

Why not go with 10.5"?

Esimmons81

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys! I tried calling LMR on Friday and talk to them ab who makes there rims and what warranty they have and the fitment of the oem center caps but I couldn't reach them and they were closed yesterday but I did get a hold of American Muscle and they were great. They didn't have just the rims as a package like LMR so I asked to price match and he even got them down to ab 604$ shipped and said there warranty was 1 year but they have been known to take care of ppl if anything happens a little after a year or so. I'm glad to hear ppl are having luck with the rims from both places but I really like how AM will stand by there product and the customer service was great. I was choosing a 17x9 all around so I can just run a 275 on the front and rear. If I need to really grip get a pair of 15 in with drag radials. I just don't see the point in having to spend big $ on 315's to drive back and forth from the beach and car cruises. Plus I will be able to rotate the tires as well.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I have chrome 10th anniversary from AM on my 03. No issues with the chrome at all. One wheel had a small knick that was chromed over, AM sent replacement out, and shipping label to return the old one.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys! I tried calling LMR on Friday and talk to them ab who makes there rims and what warranty they have and the fitment of the oem center caps but I couldn't reach them and they were closed yesterday but I did get a hold of American Muscle and they were great. They didn't have just the rims as a package like LMR so I asked to price match and he even got them down to ab 604$ shipped and said there warranty was 1 year but they have been known to take care of ppl if anything happens a little after a year or so. I'm glad to hear ppl are having luck with the rims from both places but I really like how AM will stand by there product and the customer service was great. I was choosing a 17x9 all around so I can just run a 275 on the front and rear. If I need to really grip get a pair of 15 in with drag radials. I just don't see the point in having to spend big $ on 315's to drive back and forth from the beach and car cruises. Plus I will be able to rotate the tires as well.

Not sure about the AM's but the SVT center caps fit perfect on the LMR's. Probably the same for the AM's.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member

Depending on what kind of tires you are looking at 315/35r17 street tires are pretty cheap. The MT streets are like $175 a tire. Just saying.

Esimmons81

Established Member
That's not a bad price for them! I guess I was reading there was clearance issues with the IRS and I didn't want to have to modify for them to fit 315s. I figured since i already have a extra set of 26x10.50x15 MT drag radials from my c6 and would use them on a light weight rim for the track. More give on the sidewall and figured better 60'.

Users who are viewing this thread