Cobra Stolen

UCBeau

My cobra was stolen sometime this afternoon from my work here in La Jolla, California. it probably is in Tijuana by now, at a chop shop, but if anyone in the So-Cal area sees a yellow 2001 Cobra coupe with license plate CALISNK and black bumper letters, please call the cops.

Thanks
Beau

reivaxtorres

im slow...i promise!
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
My cobra was stolen sometime this afternoon from my work here in La Jolla, California. it probably is in Tijuana by now, at a chop shop, but if anyone in the So-Cal area sees a yellow 2001 Cobra coupe with license plate CALISNK and black bumper letters, please call the cops.

Thanks
Beau

whoa sh!t, really? that sucks dude, i doubt it will make its way up to the LA area (i agree its prob in TJ by now) but ill keep an eye out. damn dude, really sucks to hear that.

UCBeau

yea i'm kind of stunned right now, i've filed a police report and all of that..the cop was really nice but honest, and told me that when dealing with theft of cars like ours, they generally end up being chopped

UCBeau

SVT-VNM said:
PM Sent, I'm so sorry man - What kind of hours are you working if you don't mind me asking? Late night?
i actually work pretty normal hours, i manage a department at a trader joe's here, so i work normal shifts like 1pm-9pm, etc. that is what i was working today.

it's hard to believe that the last drive i probably ever did with that car was this afternoon on the way to work...all of 3 minutes long. :(

Nightzx

Established Member
i live around town and i go towards la jolla pb areas quite often. ill keep my eyes out. i seen a yellow 01 today at like 5pm but it had black 03 cobras on it. do you work at the trader joes in utc?

UCBeau

yup i do work there.
i dont have black 03's, haven't had 03 wheels on in over a year. just the polished stock 01 wheels at this point.

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
Sorry to hear that it was stolen. On the bright side, it was just a car, and nobody was hurt.

UCBeau

dsrtdukone said:
Sorry to hear that it was stolen. On the bright side, it was just a car, and nobody was hurt.
yup, i have my life, my health, and the love of my friends and family. i know that i will have to get up and face the day tomorrow without my car, but that's just the way life works out sometimes.

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
yup, i have my life, my health, and the love of my friends and family. i know that i will have to get up and face the day tomorrow without my car, but that's just the way life works out sometimes.

I've never had a car stolen before, but I'm guessing it's a real b!tch to get an insurance underwriter to pay out quickly on it. Do you have to wait a certain period of time before you can claim it as a loss?

Users who are viewing this thread