Cobra tank swap help

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
As the title says, I’m kind of stumped on what to do because online there are mixed opinions on old forum posts I’ve found. I swapped my 99 GT tank for an 03 cobra tank recently. After putting it back in the car and connecting all the lines, I forgot that my old tank had that extra tube coming off the side like the 99’s do (pictured). I’m not sure if there’s a difference in routing procedure because there’s only one option for filler necks on LMR’s website for 99 to 04 mustangs. Is my routing of evap lines ok or has anyone else done something else? Thanks in advance.

IMG_2019.JPG
IMG_2020.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are there any lines left disconnected? I do remember the 99 guys having to get a little creative, but I don't remember exactly what they had to do.

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
Are there any lines left disconnected? I do remember the 99 guys having to get a little creative, but I don't remember exactly what they had to do.

I have no left over lines, the two evap lines that come from the charcoal cannister and the purge valve on the tank route to the 2 barbed fittings under the filler neck chassis gasket. I thought it was too simple cause some forums said I needed to cap some line and other forums said I needed to weld a barb fitting to my new tank to re use the 99 "extra line"

Users who are viewing this thread