Cobra test runs at the track, finally!

MightyMo

Established Member
It was the first time at the track with this set up. The engine/ driveline and suspension have undergone many modifications. So a hard launch/ dumping of clutch was not the plan. So why make a video out of that day at the track? My sponsor deserves it and so many people wanted to see the car at the track and have asked me many times for a video and it was the "first time" for the car at the track for its current set-up.

The car did act up in a number of ways. We had to adjust a lower control arm, front coil overs, fuel pressure settings, air pressures and found an air pocket in the cooling system.

The air that night was cool and the humidity was low. Made for some perfect test and tune.

Got it down to 7.144 @96mph before the gamblers races started and the car had to cool down. The car does need a clutch adjustment and some safety improvements under the hood.

I've got the winter to screw around with the car. Next stop is a 1/4 mile track in the spring of 07'.

Keep in mind, its been more than a year since I've raced and my goal in going to the track was to expose mechanical issues that could exist and learn how to adjust the suspension for racing.

Additionally, the car is my daily driver at the moment, so pushing it to the limits is not in the plan. Early next year I'll purchase another vehicle as a daily driver and the Cobra will become a full time race car with numerous weight loss mods and a 10pt cage installed.

The car has a built block running 18lbs of boost with sparse timing, built solid axle, sumped aeromotive fuel system, 8pt cage and numerous other chassis mod's.

Running it much much harder is the goal for the next trip. The last of the bugs are worked out and will run 24lbs of boost with a more aggressive tune next time.

WhiteStallionGT

Jesus ****ing Christ someone needs to learn how to use a ****ing camera. Nothing pisses me off more. I mean common... lol

But anyways, badass cobra, BADASS.

scancion

Established Member
vicious781 said:
Nice hood, it just needs to be painted! Can't stand it when people buy different hoods and never paint them.

I believe it is a carbon fiber hood. Its not ment to be painted. :kaboom:

MightyMo

Established Member
Geeezzzeee... The hood the hood ..

Ya it carbon fiber, so what.. No offense to anyone here but I don't intend to paint it. It can be painted but I choose not to..

My wife held the camera, it was her first time holding a video cam. Usually its on a stand at the end of the bed.

Blown98Snake

Sportin' a Mullet
Established Member
My wife held the camera, it was her first time holding a video cam. Usually its on a stand at the end of the bed.[/QUOTE]

Noice!!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Glad to see the car finally see the track, I expected a hell of a lot more out of it though. 7.1's @ 96 w/ a 1.6 short time is more of a ported eaton time than "fully built" KB car. Hopefully whatever is holding you back gets worked out.....

Users who are viewing this thread