Cobra vs. Cobra

mmartin 6

Established Member
I'm cruising along the other night (very light) and came upon a late 90's Cobra - couldn't tell the exact year for sure. Anyhow, I pull alongside and give him the thumbs up. He immediately hits the throttle and jumps about a car length. I hit in fourth and pull like a mother. I then notice that the speedo is buried at 160 and the car's still pulling. He was a dot in my mirror. I slowed down and let the guy catch for another possible run - but he would have none of it. I honestly believe that this car will do 180+. These cars are wicked quick and handle suprisingly well at 160+. However, I will NEVER do this again. I feel like I cheated death and am still shaking thinking about it.

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
:rollseyes

"I hit in fourth and pull like a mother. I then notice that the speedo is buried at 160 and the car's still pulling."

You didn't notice the shift into 5th?

BPLS1

Established Member
Originally posted by mmartin6
I'm cruising along the other night (very light) and came upon a late 90's Cobra - couldn't tell the exact year for sure. Anyhow, I pull alongside and give him the thumbs up. He immediately hits the throttle and jumps about a car length. I hit in fourth and pull like a mother. I then notice that the speedo is buried at 160 and the car's still pulling. He was a dot in my mirror. I slowed down and let the guy catch for another possible run - but he would have none of it. I honestly believe that this car will do 180+. These cars are wicked quick and handle suprisingly well at 160+. However, I will NEVER do this again. I feel like I cheated death and am still shaking thinking about it.

:rockon: Good kill on the stang. isn't that like cannibalism or something

YELL03

Established Member
Nice kill!:)

I would never race someone where a shift in to 5th is necessary.

In my 03 Cobra just shifting in to 4th right before the traps was 116mph.:uh oh:

I know when you are already in 4th it is kind of tough, I would have slowed down and tried to race him from 2nd or 3rd and REALLY wupped him.

Oh yeah, try not to hit the rev limiter under boost.

Howard

Users who are viewing this thread