Cobra vs. Saleen S281 SC

jaholbro

I was looking around today, and noticed the new s281 sc is rated at 400hp while the cobra is 450+. Anyone know why the such large difference in hp rating between the cobra and saleen?

Big 8

Established Member
Just because it sounds like you missed out on the two? There are huge differences in the motors of the cars.

The saleen uses the 4.6L 3V motor. While the Cobra will use a 5.4 4V. You can read up on the heads and twin screw super chargers etc etc. But this should give you some idea. I would venture to say the Cobra will probably be at least 450 RWHP. Or 500 plus crank! IMHO! At least a hundred more ponnies then the S281SC? Will see.

In any event stick around read up and it wont take long. It will become clear.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Its the motors that make the difference

and IMO i dont think the Saleens are ricey at all, if you start changing the tails and stuff then yeah they will, but thats like everycar

bluetooth

Established Member
Big 8 said:
Just because it sounds like you missed out on the two? There are huge differences in the motors of the cars.

The saleen uses the 4.6L 3V motor. While the Cobra will use a 5.4 4V. You can read up on the heads and twin screw super chargers etc etc. But this should give you some idea. I would venture to say the Cobra will probably be at least 450 RWHP. Or 500 plus crank! IMHO! At least a hundred more ponnies then the S281SC? Will see.

In any event stick around read up and it wont take long. It will become clear.

I'm hip!! the cobra's got to be way over the 450 mark. I cant see a 5.4 with twin screw super charger only pushing 450 at the crank.... A guy I work with has a 91 cobra with a pro charger with 7psi and according to Palls Performance's dino he is at 419 RWHP. :dw:

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
EXTREME!!!! 550 horses,I'll still stick with the Shelby,the extreme will be into the high 60,000's like 69,999.99.99

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Black96SVT said:
Its the motors that make the difference

and IMO i dont think the Saleens are ricey at all,

Saleens are not ricey. In fact their the stangs that everyone loves becasue of their awesome aero and aesthetic looks. and with for the s281E and the s351 coming :bowdown: the new cobra will have no chance in looks and on hp. But remmeber only if you have the money. and dont compare prices because remember you get what you pay for. :bowdown: If i had the money it would be the SALEEN. NO Doubt.

:bowdown: :beer: Power in hands of a few :bowdown: :bowdown:

stangfreak

Established Member
cobra all the way. forget about the saleens. wait till the cobra comes out and the little mods begin. just look what happened to the 03 04 cobras :rockon:

Fordy

Established Member
bluetooth said:
I'm hip!! the cobra's got to be way over the 450 mark. I cant see a 5.4 with twin screw super charger only pushing 450 at the crank.... A guy I work with has a 91 cobra with a pro charger with 7psi and according to Palls Performance's dino he is at 419 RWHP. :dw:

What exactly does that have to do with anything :shrug:
A 91 cobra and an 07 have absolutely nothing in common other than the name really.

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Big 8 said:
I would venture to say the Cobra will probably be at least 450 RWHP. Or 500 plus crank! IMHO!
Actually... 450whp = 529bhp if you use 15% drivetrain loss.

trance_in_miami said:
But remmeber only if you have the money. and dont compare prices because remember you get what you pay for. :bowdown: If i had the money it would be the SALEEN. NO Doubt.
Unless Mr Saleen has made some significant changes... you get a good deal less than what you pay for with his cars. :)

Users who are viewing this thread