Cobra w/P1SC is Tuned Here are the Numbers

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
hey raider187 I haven't wrote you or anyone on the board in awhile. Wow! Super charger it, way to be man! Some day soon for me. Keep us up to date if you go to the track. Nice dyno #'s! Go kick some chevy ass for me :beer:

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
:LOL: Thanks! I love it going to Milan today to get an ideal of what this beast will do in 1/4 mile. I'll post the time slips, if there worth anything...

Thanks Again!

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I paid $3650 for the S/C , it included the 42# injectors and the Lightning MAF, plus a bonus gifts of Mac LT's, Mac Catted H pipe, and autometer gauges.

My time at the track was horrible, I blew off a tube and flooded the engine the car would not run after that. Threw in some new plugs and tightned things back down again, its fine now. I need to invest in some better clamps. :bash:

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
You got a good deal on all your stuff. I paid $3850 for the charger,$400 for injectors,$175 for mass air,$400 for mac lt's,$140 for mac o/r h pipe and about $100 for my autometer gauges.

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
You got a good deal on all your stuff. I paid $3850 for the charger,$400 for injectors,$175 for mass air,$400 for mac lt's,$140 for mac o/r h pipe and about $100 for my autometer gauges.

Did you do the install yet? I'm going to attempt a write up of tips and tricks for doing a P1SC install.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Nope not yet. I'm thinking of just snatching up my uncles garage for a couple days and doin it myself like you did. PLEASE do a write up. I'll need all the help I can get.

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Ok... You'll be my guinea pig (SP?) :D

BTW Your avatar is great. Where did you get it?

The Heirophant... Chief Priest?

Last edited:

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
It's possible that noise is the cause. The shop mentioned that the Dyno picked up some harmonics that could not be understood by the software, so the appears choppy. :shrug:

The dyno w/ the S/C is crappy as hell, and I know why. I'm having a loss of fuel PSI and the MAF is pegging.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by raider187
Ok... You'll be my guinea pig (SP?) :D

BTW Your avatar is great. Where did you get it?

The Heirophant... Chief Priest?

I can't even remember where I got the avatar. I just thought it looked cool.

The Heirophant is just what I was feeling at the time.;-)

I'm very appreciative of the write up,send it whenever you get done.

snkbit99

Established Member
Hey Raider long time no chat
i got so sick of trying to put my car back together it is going to a shop next week
First shop I talked to wanted $1000 to plumb the intercooler, bypass valve, install three gauges, extend the mass air harness and tune it. He said it would take two days to doand $1000 was minimun price. Then he told me it costs $1500 to do a full install.
I told him to screw and found someone else who told me they would due it for way under $1000 put did not give me an estimate yet.
Hows luck with your Procharger?
Ed

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
It's going pretty good. I still have a few issues, the MAF is pegging, and my fuel pump is loosing pressure at 5500 rpms. I 'm running it through some tests today.

I need to buy a new MAF and re-work the fuel pump... Hopefully this will end the S/C install. My tune cost $450., and it was worth it.
I would think $800. would be a (high) fair price, for what you need done, $650. should be enough to get it done.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread