cobra wheels

staydog1

Established Member
Hey guys, I need you all assistance. Can OEM 93 Cobra wheels work/mount on an 85 GT Mustang? If not, how can I make them work?

Thanks for you all assistances.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Yes, they'll mount/fit just fine. Stick with a 245/45 and you shouldn't have any rubbing issues front or rear.

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
Like mentioned. They will work, but you'll need 93 cobra front rotors and a 93 cobra rear brake setup. The front rotors have 3/4" more track added to the rotor which moves the mounting surface (hub face) of the wheel outboard 3/4". The rear axles are 3/4" longer per side. Basically, to make the OEM wheels work you need the 93 cobra specific front rotors and either a 93 cobra rear brake setup or a 87-88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe rear brake setup.

I have the rear axles without the brakes and the complete front spindles, rotors, 73mm calipers and hoses for sale if you want them. They are still on the car, but a little money would motivate me to get them off quickly. :D PM me for details if you want. The front brakes have less than 20K miles on them.

staydog1

Established Member
Thanks guys for the insight. Goodson, i may be interested in the rear set-up. I have everything already for my front set-up.:D Do you have any photos of this equipment and we can go from there....that's if you still have the items.

Thanks

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
Sorry man, they're sold. I sold them way back in the middle to end of October. I move my stuff quick with the network of people I have.

85GTVince

Road Racer
Established Member
Which parts are you interested in? Right now the axle is complete (and still under the car). The only parts I need are the gears and the differential. You can have the axles, the brakes, the housing, etc. It is no problem for me to yank the axle or whatever parts you want, just let me know.

Thanks,
Vince

staydog1

Established Member
cool. i'm good with my gears and the differential. i'd just need the rest and i'll be good-to-good. how bad...do you plan to hurt me and my pockets?:lol1:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Why not sell off the OEM cobras for some good coin and then buy the replica cobras with the correct offset for your car? This will also save having to change your axles and rotors. You'll probably have some money to spare.

Users who are viewing this thread