Cobra won't start..Fuel pump?

03CobraDom

Established Member
I went out to start my cobra last night and it doesnt sound like the fuel pump is turning on when i turn the key on.. Car jus keeps cranking.. Last time i started it it took a good 15-20 secs before it fired up. Where should i start to diagnose the problem? I have a BAP, so im gonna check all the fuses and connections.. anyway to test the fuel pump relay? or to test the pump without dropping the tank? Also thinkn it could be the FPDM went bad maybe?

03CobraDom

Established Member
Well i checked all the BAP connections and everything was fine. I didn't realize theres a fuel pump reset switch or something? i had to click the red button up with a screwdriver, and pushed it back down and the pump turned on..

TRBO VNM

that is your inertia switch for accidents. surprised by popping it up and then pressing back down that it worked. glad it did though.

03CobraDom

Established Member
that is your inertia switch for accidents. surprised by popping it up and then pressing back down that it worked. glad it did though.

yea it's odd..i think im gonna change my fuel filter this week, any special tools needed for that jason?

TRBO VNM

yea it's odd..i think im gonna change my fuel filter this week, any special tools needed for that jason?

I use the metal sizzor style fuel line disconnect tool. not a lot of room up there with the IRS and just a warning....wear eye protection and prepare your arm to be covered in fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread