cobra wrecked at ford while being serviced.

yelo03infl

Established Member
i took my cobra in to the dealer i bought it from because it was pulling to the right and when i was expecting a call telling me the car was ready to be picked up they call to tell me one of their technicians backed a van into it. just wondering if anybody else has had luck this bad. i only had the car 3 weeks and put about 600 miles on it. i havent even made the first payment yet.

BBriBro

Established Member
that sucks, It's nearly impossible to repair one well enough so that you can' t tell its been painted, I hope you stay on their backs to make it right.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Unfortunately it happens more often than you think. But there is no car immune to this. Even Aspires have taken a few shots on the lots. With that many cars moving around in a limited space...it is bound to happen. Heck it even happens at BMW, Mercedes, Chevy, GMC, Honda, and all the rest of them. It is too bad that it happened to your car. I would think they will fix it and it will be done to your satisfaction. Make sure it is not to THIER satifaction.

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
well ....if seen some of this stuff posted here before...about a copbra being damaged while it was being repaired

yelo03infl

Established Member
it was brandon ford, in tampa. theyre going to replace the bumper and repaint it of course. i have also managed to get them to make my first month payment and give me a year of free service. the damage was only cosmetic but ill always think the paint on the bumper isnt matching that on my fender or decklid. ive also got them to give my the money to get my tranny fluid swapped out for the mobil one, so i guess im not doing too bad.

haskett

Established Member
Sorry to hear about it. It doesn't sound like the damage was too bad, so hopefully it will get fixed such that you never know the difference.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Originally posted by yelo03infl
i took my cobra in to the dealer i bought it from because it was pulling to the right and when i was expecting a call telling me the car was ready to be picked up they call to tell me one of their technicians backed a van into it. just wondering if anybody else has had luck this bad. i only had the car 3 weeks and put about 600 miles on it. i havent even made the first payment yet.

I have only had mine for a couple of months and I spun it into the center divider. Take a look at my pain and you will feel better. They have had my car for 5 weeks and it will be another 1 or 2 before I get it back....Steve

Click Here to see my pain!!!!!!

Last edited:

03Redfire Cobra

Toss my salad?
Established Member
I AM #2 My 03 had 180miles and it started to overheat(stuck thermostat) . So I droped it off and they parked it in the back and a tow truck driver hit my fender. his insurance is paying for a rental car and replace the fender and wheel(it got a scuff mark). Koons ford of baltimore.

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
it was brandon ford, in tampa. theyre going to replace the bumper and repaint it of course. i have also managed to get them to make my first month payment and give me a year of free service. the damage was only cosmetic but ill always think the paint on the bumper isnt matching that on my fender or decklid. ive also got them to give my the money to get my tranny fluid swapped out for the mobil one, so i guess im not doing too bad.

I have also managed to get them to make my first month payment and give me a year of free service.

That was nice of them...good customer relations is so important.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member

Wow, you made out like a bandit, all things considered. I wish I had you to negotiate the amenities for my dilemma when the dealer took my car on a 44 mile "test ride".

:beer:

yelo03infl

Established Member
in response to your "test ride", thats how i thought my accident happened from somebody there joyriding it in the lot and spinning the rear end around. you can imagine i was pretty pissed when it first happened, i was telling them i wanted a new car, just like i brought in.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
This didn't happen to my Cobra, but it did happen to my truck: the day I picked it up brand new, the lot man was bring it up so I could drive it away. He hit a pole with the left rear fender somehow. They fixed it a few weeks later and I could not tell where it was damaged. New paint makes it easy to match.
Everything wll be ok.
I never thought to ask for something other than they make the truck like new. Guess I missed the boat on that one.
Dana

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
At least it sounds like there's no metal damage. If it's jsut the urethane bumper and paint, you're lucky. They can match that paint really well. And at least it's not red. Red is nearly impossible to match and they always seem to fade at different rates.

03rocks

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your luck.

Brandon Ford was the first dealership I ever saw an 03 in person at. Thought I would share the pic I have of somebodys car. Seemed like a pretty standup dealership, kinda pricey but had a damn nice selection.

SMOKE

Old School ROUSH
Established Member
Those SALEENs look great.

But I agree, it sounds like you made out ok with the dealership. And customer relations is very important.

Users who are viewing this thread