Cobra's back home! Thanks, Billy!

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
As some of you know, ever since the supercharger install 3 years ago, the car never ran right. Several tunes and several thousand dollars, it still never ran quite right. Dropped it off at Billy's in November and finally was able to pick it up yesterday(Damn Snow!). Billy found a cracked coupler at the MAF and some suspension issues. So we figured, while it was up on the lift, he'd do some suspension upgrades and gears. Installed some FR500 springs, KB lower control arms and Terminator shocks and struts(thanks Tim). And for the gears, 4.30s. Excessive did the tuning. The gears are ridiculous. Car just pulls and pulls and pulls. Huge difference. And it no longer looks like a scared cat. Thanks again, Billy!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Good lord, a blower and 4.30's? Glad you have the car back dude, enjoy it!

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Sweeeeet! So now you'll be at all the GTG's this year, Matt. Cool.

Maybe you can even convince the Sherminator to come along? You guys have been out of it WAY too long!

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
:lol::lol:

Glad to hear you have it back and congrats on the Mods. How did the struts work for you?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Congrats Matt. Think I saw it when I was dropping mine off last week.
That same snow put me a month behind in starting on mine.
I shoulda taken a pic for Dwight. LOL

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Maybe you can even convince the Sherminator to come along? You guys have been out of it WAY too long!

Dropped the Sherminator off when we picked up Matt's ride. Needed a few things done that I just don't have time to do anymore. If spring/summer ever gets here, you'll see me at some GTGs!! :beer:

Oh, and I was in the passenger seat for the ride home in Matts car. Gears made a HEEEUUUGE difference! One thing is for damn sure, with that blow off and exhaust combo..he is not sneaking up on ANYONE!! Sounds like a mixture of an F-15 at takeoff and Satan gargling Draino. :uh oh:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Oh, and I was in the passenger seat for the ride home in Matts car. Gears made a HEEEUUUGE difference! One thing is for damn sure, with that blow off and exhaust combo..he is not sneaking up on ANYONE!! Sounds like a mixture of an F-15 at takeoff and Satan gargling Draino. :uh oh:

Now that's descriptive!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Don't want to hijack, but you can never say enough about Billy's work.
Just a few things getting ready for the track this year. Transponder, tow hooks, rollbar reinforcement, etc.
"Special" is out of my budget. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread