Code P0602 What is it?

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
It says on my SCT scanner control mod prog Er. Its my buddies 2000 Lightning with 52k on it and it will not shift into 3rd or 4th it feels like its binding up. could it be torque converter, valve body, or the trans needs to be replaced? He wants to get rid of it because its a never ending problem with this truck. But I keep telling him just to keep in there and work it out and get the problems solved.

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
P0602 - Control Module Programming Error This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) indicates programming error within Vehicle ID block (VID). VID data corrupted by the scan tool during VID reprogramming
Using the scan tool, reprogram the VID block. If PCM does not allow reprogramming of the VID block, reflashing PCM will be required. In other terms it sound like the pcm is corrupted.

ozzman306

Established Member
P0602 - Control Module Programming Error This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) indicates programming error within Vehicle ID block (VID). VID data corrupted by the scan tool during VID reprogramming
Using the scan tool, reprogram the VID block. If PCM does not allow reprogramming of the VID block, reflashing PCM will be required. In other terms it sound like the pcm is corrupted.
I know this an old thread but did you guys figure out the problem ?? My 01 lightning has that code and idles like crap !!

Users who are viewing this thread