Cog Belt Pulley Set-up

686raptor

need a twin screw
Established Member
is there anyone running the motoblue gen II cog belt blower pulley set-up. a friend and i are eye'n it and are wondering if there has been any problems with them or not. thanks for any input. :thumbsup:

fatwake2000

Established Member
because they use the teeth to inter lock so well, it allows for zero belt slipage which is sometimes needed. they can cause the blower to sieze up.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Say something goes wrong with your blower, and the pulley binds up, or in any other way jams, the belt WONT slip, and the belt has to be able to do something, so its going to come apart in a bad way.

I'D WIN

Established Member
They shouldn't be used on daily drivers. Race applications only and offroad use only.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
Say something goes wrong with your blower, and the pulley binds up, or in any other way jams, the belt WONT slip, and the belt has to be able to do something, so its going to come apart in a bad way.
+1, definately don't want that to happen.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
think of a meet grinder and metel... then think about that shit coming out of your blower distorying your innercooler and whats next.. the MOTOR... **** that ills tick to tight ass 8 rib belts

686raptor

need a twin screw
Established Member
thanks for the info guys :thumbsup: i think i will bag the idea for now, i dont need a time bomb under my hood :fart: is there anyone running this out there, just curious

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
my friend Willy had a cog system on his mustang. if he would just let off of the gas, then the belt had a chance of flying off the gear. you would have to ease out of the throttle. it really isnt made for daily driving (like everyone else said).

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
beenstruck said:
tight ass 8 rips dont slip...
your tensioner will only allow you to go so tight. they only way it will be any tighter is to get such short of a belt you have to pry the f**king thing on there, where it is so tight its as hard as a rock, then u risk burning up your bearings inside the pullies.

Badcobra98

Established Member
cog belt

i have had one on my 01 lightning for about a year now and not a problem with it and two of my friends have them a 01 and 04 lightning same time and no problems. :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread