coil over questions

gpribble

Established Member
hello svt owners,

i am looking for anyone who has installed and running coil over shocks on their 03 cobras. i use my car as a daily driver but also use it for open track days at sears point. those of you that have converted to coil overs, what shocks are you running, springs rates, etc. thank you all for your input. :beer:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
You can do a search and should find anything you are looking for, but basically this is what it boils down to.

You can go up to 350# springs on the front and 550# springs on the rear with the stock struts and shocks before you start getting underdamped. Over that I recommend going with the MM race spec Bilstein struts and Bilstein 00R spec shocks. You will definitely need to get the MM caster/camber plate with any combination. A 350# in the front and 550# in the rear is what most people who daily drive with occasional open track go with. My car is more aggressive and I run 425# springs with mm race spec struts on the front and 650# springs with 00R spec shocks on the rear. My car is daily driven and with almost all rubber removed running on polyurethane bushings I don't feel the ride quality is any worse then any Z-06 or M-3s that I have rode in or my Mom's 2002 3-series BMW which I have driven.

Users who are viewing this thread