Coil Overs

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Does anyone have pics of their coil over set ups? I am converting to coil overs (have UPR Coil Over Kit) and was wondering how it looks at the shock tower with the CC plates?

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
tokico blues with UPR coilovers and C/C plates

DSC_0089.jpg

DSCF0860.jpg

Last edited:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
crap.. not what i was expecting it to look like lol. if you get the chance could you get a shot from under the car.. like to the shock tower?
thanks for the pics

this is the UPR kit you have right?
Coil_Over_Kit_LRG.gif

i am confused to where the 2 blue pieces go

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
What are you concerned about? The way it all goes together? Just wondering.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
i am confused to where the 2 blue pieces go, if they are under the shock tower or above it some how

fourvalvegt

Established Member
they go under it the one bigger piece goes ontop of the spring then you have a race a bearing another race and then the other smaller blue piece on top of that

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Not to hijack the thread or state the obvious, but 01lowboy you cant run your strut bar with the turbo setup can you..?

More on track, whats to gain from coil kits, I'm not too familliar with them really, improved handling?

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
they go under it the one bigger piece goes ontop of the spring then you have a race a bearing another race and then the other smaller blue piece on top of that

Yeah what he said it all goes in the same order of the pic. Don't forget the little freakin bearings that go between the 2 blue pieces. Also use your spaces or it'll sound like crap. I was missing 1 spacer and it sounded like crap all fixed once I added the spacer.

Al

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
thanks a lot guys
yeah i need to buy those damn bearings, i bought the kit used and he did have the bearings or the washers

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
thanks a lot guys
yeah i need to buy those damn bearings, i bought the kit used and he did have the bearings or the washers

I hear you man. I had to wait an extra 6 days for mine to come in. Its worth the wait.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
yeah the noise wont bother me any, i am used to having a noisy car, some more noise wont bother me, girlfriend will probably bitch and moan though haha

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
yeah the noise wont bother me any, i am used to having a noisy car, some more noise wont bother me, girlfriend will probably bitch and moan though haha

I think they are all clunky. I know my MMR's are clunky but yeah they don't bother me at all.

95SC

Banned
I had coil overs on my 96 and got rid of them [waste of money]coilovers with tubular arms were making crazy noises on every little bump on the road.I went back to stock set up and it works perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread