Coilover hitting frame rail?

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
EA6F3714-6525-491B-AF32-FD31B67408CC.jpeg
61AF7049-553C-4F54-8BB5-A01D80351E97.jpeg
so I installed some MM coilovers last summer and have had an intermittent clunking noise when turning. Checked it out once before and didn’t see any issue. Well, I checked it out again and found a part of the spring has been rubbed down to bare metal. And I see it’s been making contact with the frame rail. Car previously had UPR coilovers with no issue. Should I bent the frame rail back or do I need to adjust the CC plates?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
There's a tab that needs to be bent back. It's in the MM install instructions. They make a tool for it too.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
There's a tab that needs to be bent back. It's in the MM install instructions. They make a tool for it too.

Yes there is. And that tab is still present. But it seems I’m hitting the entire frame rail. And of course I probably threw that took away

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
You can always try moving the strut inboard a little. Mine were quiet until my last alignment. I had close to -2 degrees of camber before. Now the tires are about straight and I get the noise you're talking about sometimes.

03MACH04SVT

MYSTICHROME
Established Member
call Maximum Motorsports. I bought the coil over kit before it came with the tool and they sent me the tool for free.

Users who are viewing this thread