Coilovers and What spring rates for them?

SLPCobra

Established Member
Well I'm about to be ordering a full front suspension in a week or two and am trying to figure out what spring rate and size I should get

I'm looking at full upr front suspension with upr coilovers
Also what strut?
I was looking at the tokico drag struts but open to suggestions

Also after I've bought all that I'm gonna start saving for the rear coilovers and so I was wondering what spring rate on those also and can you use another type of shock or does it just need to be the bilsteins?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

SLPCobra

Established Member
Also I'd like to know whether or not the upr front suspension is a good idea?

Cause eventually I'd like to end up built motor and turbo'd so I'd like to go ahead and have a kmember that will work well with a turbo kit.

So any suggestions are welcome!

cobraguy96

Established Member
Im assuming youre gonna be setting it up for the 1/4 mile? if so, alot of people use upr tubular k members without issues. Which turbo kit you decide on will determine whether it will fit or not, so i would check into that before buying. A good strut is the strange 10way adjustable, but the tokico have good reviews as well. Also a 14-175 spring would be a good starting point for springs. My set up will be upr tubular front, i already have strange 10ways and strange coilover kit with 14-175lb springs waiting to be installed.

SLPCobra

Established Member
I completely forgot about strange stuff ha I'm gonna look at getting those

I looked for a turbo kit that uses upr but I couldn't really find anything
Ik that hellion uses mmr and thp uses qa1

I'm also wondering what a good spring rate for the rear coilovers when I get those?
I have a 03 IRS

Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread