coils went bad

wpd736

Back to Blue
Established Member
flooded sparkplug holes 4 and 8 about 6 months ago , car ran like cr@p when I put her away , changed to br7s and it leveled off some. Found out that I fried two coils 4 and 8 go figure car runs like a champ now, anybody everheard of this on a terminator. This drove me nuts for the longest time thank god its fixed

Hye

Established Member
is there such thing as a SIMPLE method to check if a coil is functioning properly or not?

P2K4

Established Member
There is a coil on plug quick probe tester on ebay, item # 4602823882 that will test the coils without disconnecting or backprobing the primary wires. This beats taking the vehicle to the dealership to hook it up to their WDS scanner. The coils can be damaged if you get them wet with water by washing the motor or from having a coolant leak

Last edited:

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
P2K4 said:
There is a coil on plug quick probe tester on ebay, item # 4602823882 that will test the coils without disconnecting or backprobing the primary wires. This beats taking the vehicle to the dealership to hook it up to their WDS scanner. The coils can be damaged if you get them wet with water by washing the motor or from having a coolant leak
thanks for that item number, i think its worth having one :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread