Coin holder Switch

snackpack

Established Member
Does any one know who makes an electrical switch that replaces the coinholder? I know Steeda does, but who has some good looking ones?

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Ford did have one. I think it will fit and it looks factory. I purchased one for my wife's 95 T-bird and I took out the coin holder and the switch snapped in. Wired her up a set of driving light no problem. You could wire just about anything to it.
Never mind. Just checked with Ford Parts Online and that switch has went up to $187.00 plus s&h and taxes. I picked one up several years ago for a few dollars. Its hard to believe they have increased that much. Sorry about that.

I found one on Ebay. He says he thinks it also fits up to a 2004 Stang.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...7QQihZ015QQcategoryZ50459QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

also

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...7QQihZ015QQcategoryZ50459QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

snackpack

Established Member
Yeah, I've thought about getting the one that ford makes, but I'm worried that I might hit it on accident. I really like the ones on need-4-speed's site though. A little to much $$ for them though.

Matt M PA

Established Member
I put in a convertible top switch, and cleaned all the lettering off. I use it for remote mute of my V1, since I have a remote display mounted beside the cig lighter.

It's a momentary two way switch.

99SVT3753

5.4L Snake
Established Member
buy the stock one from your local FORD dealer. I use it to run extra lights. I've installed others that run Amps. And a few that arms the N2O.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I just used the existing one... Pop it off.. go to Autozone and grab a switch.. I used a lighted switch (green, cause everything else is green). Dremeled the hell out of the coin holder till the switch fit snug in there. ran the wires underneath the shift boot to my wideband commander, and powered it with the defrost button.

took maybe an hour to measure and run all the stuff correctly. All in all, you spend about 10 bucks for the switch and wiring.

If you want pics, I'll show you what mine looks like.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
yeah, sorry it took me so long.. I've been working a lot lately.

edit: snapped this one real quick...

coinholder2.jpg

Last edited:

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
I did the same thing as zinc. Just dremmeled out the coin holder ridges, drilled a hole in the bottom and installed a switch. It's nice because the switch is in the coin holder down low so it can't accidentially be toggled.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
weswtbcobra said:
i have a convertible top switch from ford for my line lock- looks factory

I have a fog light switch from a 94-95 I think. I use it for my Line Lock. Looks factory and I have only touched it once by accident when I was parked and leaning over the seat.

Users who are viewing this thread