cold air inlet pics

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
here are some pics of the inlet tube i put together over the last couple days. let me know what you think.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
Pretty good looking. To bad mine doesnt look nice and professional. I take it that you made it. What kind of parts did you use?

Last edited:

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Nice work. Seems like a lot of guys are fabbing up their own CAI. Any noticable difference?

tk2

Established Member
Is that from the Home Depot speed shop? Looks like PVC pipe. Looks pretty good.

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
thanx for the comments, and yes it is pvc piping. i haven't had a chance to really drive it, its in for the winter. can't wait to break it in when the snow goes away though. :banana: :pepper:

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Again, looks sweet bro. On a nice day when the streets are clean you should give it a rip to see if there is a difference.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i don't think you'll actually notice any power gains, but the throttle responce should be a bit crisper and you should be able to hear it from under the hood now. lol. anything is better than stock for sure.
even if a guy didn't do a cai i would at least go to ford and get the inlet tube for a 460 to straighten out the air flow going into the box.

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Regarding the 460 inlet tube... does it really make that much of a difference? I know that it's one of the cheapest mods around, around $12 or so. correct?

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i don't know if it really makes any difference. it is a more direct flow into the box and it cleans up the engine bay a little. yeah, it's like $12 and some change.

Users who are viewing this thread