Cold Air Intake, Which One?

cobravenom99

Established Member
Hey i just bought a 1999 Cobra, and i wanted to put a cold air intake on it, but i wasnt sure which one i should buy? i was thinking about buying a BBK, but i wasnt sure if i should get that the JLT or the K & N? could some one give me a recomendation?, thanks.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
i have K&N on my 04 cobra and it has never failed me.
but i dont have an 01 cobra so i wouldnt know witch one is the best.

Last edited:

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
i LOVE my JLT CAI... it is a little expensive, but its well worth the money in my opinion. i noticed a huge seat of the pants difference between my jlt and the old K&N drop in that was in it before....

BlueVenom01

Established Member
J..L..T.... 'nuff said

CAI or RAI is up to you - there is a diff of opinion on here between the 2 (gains, ease of install/removal, etc...) but I think you'd be happy with either one.... both provide a nice improvement over the K&N drop in - and you will feel it in the SOTP meter for sure!

(pssst - get the CAI, but I'm little biased :thumbsup:)

hawkti

Established Member
Whatever you get, just don't get a BBK. They're better than stock, maybe, but are really for looks. My opinion

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
I have the K&N CAI and will be switching to the JLT RAI once I get some extra cashflow. So if your debating between the two i can tell you... K&N CAI = no intake tube, only filter and housing bracket...and not much for performance gain. JLT RAI = intake tube, performance gain and looks AWESOME! (not to mention you can get it painted to match your car)

cobraracer46

Banned
I've always thought that everyone's favorite Cold air intake kit here on the new edge forms looks too much like something one could cobble together in their backyard wood shed with sewer drain pipe from the corner hardware store.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Get the K&N intake.
i have it on my 04 cobra and it has never failed me.

normal I get behind K&N but their intakes for these cars are terrible and expensive. cheapest piece of crap I have gotten from K&N :xpl: had it in for a week and threw it my my trash in favor of the stock one with the drop in, then over to the JLT which works very well

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
I've always thought that everyone's favorite Cold air intake kit here on the new edge forms looks too much like something one could cobble together in their backyard wood shed with sewer drain pipe from the corner hardware store.
then why aren't you making them yourself and selling them? :loser:

consider no other options, JLT is the best!

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I'd just do a drop in. The JLT gains aren't worth the money you spend on it and they used to have cracking issues, not sure if those were resolved. I have never been a fan of CAI, the gains are minimal at best and don't justify the added expense.

Users who are viewing this thread