Cold Air Intake

acobra03

Established Member
I'm looking to upgrade my factory CAI with either a C&L or JLT intake along with a pulley and a tune. From what I've read they both yield about the same power increase, my question is which one is better in terms of fitment and quality? I'm kind of leaning toward the C&L kit because I like the way it looks compared to the JLT. What do you guys think. This would be for my 09 GT500.:shrug:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I went with C&L, but then went to the bigger whipple CAI. I'm under the impression that the C&L CAI makes a bit more power than the JLT (~1-2rwhp), which is almost negligible. Also I heard the JLT's crack where you have the clamp. The JLT is more for show, while the C&L just gets the job done with more worries.

If you're interested I'm selling my used C&L CAI for $100 plus shipping. I doubt you'll find anyone selling this for that cheap so hop on it if you're interested. A new filter is $45 from C&L, so pay $350 for a brand new C&L or get this all for about $175 and it'd be brand new basically. The inlet tube is in great shape, pretty much new shape I'd say, but the filter is dirty and a few of the fins are bent.
Here's my for sale thread:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-282/747192-fs-used-c-l-cai.html#post10436494

Let me know man.

Last edited:

acobra03

Established Member
Wow, the response has been overwhelming! Thousands of users on the site with opinions about a bunch of BS and only one person can give me feedback on a simple question. Thank you for the response Hoff.

Seahorse

Established Member
Wow, the response has been overwhelming! Thousands of users on the site with opinions about a bunch of BS and only one person can give me feedback on a simple question. Thank you for the response Hoff.

It's SVTP - you get used to it ;-) . Re the various intakes, I haven't seen any of them stand head and shoulders above the others, they all make about the same power - just get the one you like/get the best deal on.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
I have the JLT and have had no cracking issue. It looks good and does as promised. Jay makes good stuff.

Mine is also a 09.

breoland

Established Member
all depends on what you are looking to do,
whipple is probably the best one out there, but it does not fit under the strut brace
ford racing has the 123mm mass air sensor and the tubing that goes under the strut brace and you can use the cobra jet air filter or you can go with a 10/11 filter and shield
jlt is also nice but i am not a big fan of the carbon fiber. my car has no carbon fibor so i think it looks a little out of place for me, but they work great and they fit under strut brace
c/l works but i dont like the way they look and they work under strut brace
not to sure about the ken bell one, i remeber seeing something that the tubing would collaps a little when it sucked in the air

Last thing that i would like to know is the air filter itself. there is one out there now that is blue and doesnt use any oil, would like to know how they work

stegmier also has one that is similar to the ford racing one

Users who are viewing this thread