cold start help????

ndisisiv

Established Member
2004 cobra 13k miles on it.
car starts up fine ,goes to about 1800 then its like you turned the key off for for half a second . wont stall at first ,then it stalls unless you hold it above 2k . still does it but above 2k the rpm is high enough for it to recover . once temp gauge is above about 1/4 it stops . checked for codes with a mac scanner and the scanner thinks you shut the motor down and states the engine needs to stay running and up to operating temp to complete the test.once up to operating temp the only code is bank 1 o2 1 . i assume this is from only one set of high flow cats. any body ever have a problem like this ???

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
More information would be helpful.

Is this car modded?
If so what? Exactly.

Or is it 100% stock

If you had included that information or had it in your sig I would have responded. It would appear that I was not alone in feeling I could not diagnose your issue with nothing to go on but a symptom.
Many of these cars are modded, not all are modded the same.

Sorry.

Digital

Established Member
It could really be a tune issue. You might want to check your air filter and clean your MAF and intake assuming it's doing nothing else abnormal.

That being said jim is right. There are a few people, myself included, that try to respond extremely quickly with accurate info to questions like these. I think people assume it's a free service we provide or something. It's not. Also the more info you provide the better. In your case it could literally be a ton of things which is why it probably got passed up. A lot of times if I don't for sure know an answer I'll wait and let someone give it a stab. In this case most likely no one had a good idea so it had to get bumped before we tried guessing at it.

Last edited:

ndisisiv

Established Member
thanks guy's . i figured i would get a response on my last post .....haha .
anyway the car has high flow x pipe single cat w/bassani cat back and a cold air kit . the cai is just the 90 that goes to the stock mass air .thats it. i think its the ecu . gonna swap it out with another ( and cluster ?) and see if thats it . i already have them both in another car that runs great . is this a bad idea? i heard cluster and computer are matched and need to stay togather or a reflash is need from ford.

Users who are viewing this thread