Colgan bra questions?

junioRace

Established Member
I'm considering getting a Colgan bra for my L, to help protect it during road trips and such. Curious if anyone had any pics? Also, is the grill area covered by a mesh with that bra? :beer:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I'm considering getting a Colgan bra for my L, to help protect it during road trips and such. Curious if anyone had any pics? Also, is the grill area covered by a mesh with that bra? :beer:

I just bought a used one just for my L Fest roadtrip. I installed it and the fit is pretty good with the exception of the fender wells. I had to modify two of the mounts so that they would stay on the wheel well otherwise it would fly off and just bang on the paint.

Mess does cover the upper grill only, and it is stiched into the bra.

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
Last edited:

I'D WIN

Established Member
Definitely a worthwhile investment. Sometimes adjustments are made but they hold up very well.

Here is my truck with the CF full bra...

27831-1138-21100.jpg

BTW, without trying to turn this post into a classified, will sale mine for $140 shipped including carrying case. Its been used 3x. Now that my truck is no longer street driven, its just collecting dust. Originally $214 (-) shipping.

junioRace

Established Member
I'd consider buying it, but I have to run a front license plate here in Illinois (well...I don't HAVE to, but to avoid the harassment from the law........seeing as how I have tinted windows, which is not legal here either). The Colgan's look good, and seem like they fit well. I would rather have a model that did not have the mesh covering the grill, but I don't know anyone else that makes them for the L.

Thanks for the pics and info guys.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
^^^^

I bought mine with no hole for the tag bracket and I just trimmed the cover out for the bracket. I went to the fabric store and I bought some felt binding for $1.95 and stiched it on in ten minutes.

I don't think the cover would hold together very well without the mesh covering the upper grille. It kind of helps hold everything together.

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
if you get one and go on a long trip, put a few good heavy coats of wax on the front. I had one on my old 02 mustang gt, took it on a 6 hour trip and it rubbed my paint all to hell

Users who are viewing this thread