collector size 2 1/2 or 3 @600 to 700whp?

sean r

Established Member
I have a 2.3 whippled termi @ 19psi with stock manifolds and a pro chamber and borla stingers. Best / newest dyno sheet is 624 uncorrected with new tune right before i bought the car and others in the 570s. I am gonna put long tubes on it and was figuring going with ahr 1 3/4 primaries and 2 1/2 collectors and there catless x. When I just called the to get the part # they really recomended there 3 inch collector and x pipe that goes from 3 to 2 1/2. The car is pretty low with h&r race springs and no isos so im a little worried about ground height and if it really needs a 3 inch collector since its going into a 2 1/2 exhaust anyway?. wondering what you guys with 600+ are running for collectors.

sean r

Established Member
Btw the tech i spoke to at arh was very helpfull but said they would rather not build a 1 3/4 header with a 2.5 collector. But on lethals site and lmp they are listed with the 2.5 and the 3 as a option. It does seem that feeding 4-1 3/4 primaries into a 2.5 collector would be a bottle neck.

cdnstang

604 modulars
Established Member
I"d go with the 3" collector and have it neck down to 2.5" with there x pipe. I just got there 1 3/4 headers with 3" collector and custom built a 3" prochamber and 3" catback. Hopefully its not too loud, i love the way the prochamber sounds on these cars. I originally had the 1 5/8 mac longtubes but when you measure the collectors its 2 1/4".

Users who are viewing this thread