color to match torch red under hood

Kiddk1

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
Established Member
Well I removed my hood blanket today and most of the underside is painted. The part near the vents is not and I need to find a close match to my torch red, the dealer told me they do not sell it as a spray paint. They have it as a touch up bottle which I have. So if anyone has done this already what did you use? thanks in advance.

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Hoofbeat, so how did you paint the underside then? Did you have to prep it or did you just spray the unpainted surface and clearcoat over it?

Steeda1

Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
Hoofbeat, so how did you paint the underside then? Did you have to prep it or did you just spray the unpainted surface and clearcoat over it?
Good Question

hoofbeat

Established Member
:beer: Hate to say this because of some of the post here,but the paint on the underside of my hood is almost as good as the top.I used the paint for the plug covers and some of the bolts in the eng. compartment and thr front rotors. If i was going to paint the underside of the ood i would get a buddy and take the hood off so it could be prep. first ,then paint it. Save a bunch of masking time.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Yeah, that is obviously the easiest/smartest thing to do. Sounds silly, but I thought leaving it on would be best becauset he factory paint over the bolts and latches securing the hood to it's brackets would then be cracked and look like crap.

Kiddk1

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
Established Member
Originally posted by hoofbeat
:beer: Look here,www.paintscratch.com. Got the spray paint and clearcote for my sonic blue a perfect match.They custom mix all the 03/04 Cobra colors except mistichrome.

Thanks, I also stopped by murray's today and found torch red spray paint, will test it tomorrow and see how it matches.

Users who are viewing this thread