Colorado Sucks

Silver03

Established Member
Last year, my best time was 12.3 @ 111. Today, the DA was around 8000ft and I was running on street tires. Best run today was 13.4 @ 113. :xpl: This was partly due to the track not hooking for crap and poor 60's. Best 60' I could muster was a 2.25. I'm pretty sure I still know how to drive cause I ran an LS1 with a 125 shot twice and edged him out both times. To put it in comparison, other pretty much stock '03s were running around 14.2. Anyways, I envy you guys at sea level.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
HAHA, you just started to realize CO sucks??lol. It's always 8000ft and Bandy, didn't know it got that high in Pueblo though! Should of been better air than that I would have thought this time of the year. Glad you beat the spraying LS1! Cant wait to try the juice myself..... Can you say 125 mph traps?

Silver03

Established Member
Pretty sure it was around 7800, maybe higher, I dont know what the temp was when we were out there. The Ls1 and I had a couple real good runs. One run was 13.411 to 13.418. I got him out of the hole though. I saw you were waiting for your blower to come back again. What's being done to it now? I think I'll be ordering mine this week!

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I would love to get some of these people who always bad mouth those of us up there in elevation, and have them run up here. I get sick of hearing "You should be running better times than you are. Your car is slow." blah blah blah. Did you use to live somewhere before you moved to the Springs? You still have a pretty good trap speed going for that kind of elevation.

Silver03

Established Member
Yeah, used to live elsewhere but never had a car that was worth racing. The biggest problem today was running on street tires. I'll find out next weekend what my ET should be after my DRs come in. I picked up 2 MPH since last year through nothing but the tune so hopefully will be able to take a tenth or 2 off the ET. What kind of DAs do you guys see in NM?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
WOW!!! From what you're saying, it sounds to me like an elevation that high will make atleast a full second difference in your ET's. I never knew that the difference was that great!!!! Thanks for sharing.......

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I got lucky the last time out and only had about a 4,440' DA. Our track sits right at 4,096' so I just round it to 4,100. During the summer it nothing for it to be 95-100* outside by noon with the DA up in the 7,000-8,000' area. First time I ran the Cobra it was just shy of 7,000' in May. I'd love to throw my ET Streets in the back of the car and head to sea level one day, but I think the closest would be San Diego (9 hours) or South Texas (9-10 hours). Just learn to deal with what we have!

Chris

Silver03

Established Member
SVT316x said:
Wow, that's insanely bad...

Haha, when I say pretty much stock, that means the ones that were running 14.2 had intake and exhaust. So figure corrected HP for them would be over 400 to the wheels, uncorrected about 315.

Kracow

Established Member
My times last year for bandimere with a bone stock 03 cobra... anything from 13.3 to 14.2 depending on my horrible 2.2 - 2.4 60' times.

Hopefully this year I can make good 12's with a pulley and a tune.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
13.3 stock? That's pretty impressive! I ran 13.7 and thought that was as good as anyone! Must of had one helluva DA day then! 12s are pretty hard to come by if you dont include at least a drag radial in there. I know of only a couple of us that have ran a 12 on a true street tire.

LittleMT

Established Member
Chris_H said:
I would love to get some of these people who always bad mouth those of us up there in elevation, and have them run up here. I get sick of hearing "You should be running better times than you are. Your car is slow." blah blah blah. Did you use to live somewhere before you moved to the Springs? You still have a pretty good trap speed going for that kind of elevation.

Excellent post!

It is very diffulcult to overcome high elevation that gets worse as the air density creeps up. In Albuquerque it typically hovers at 8000ft all summer long.

I would love to see what my car would do at sea level and a track known for fast times...

Users who are viewing this thread