Comments about all the advertising going on lately

FordFreak

Established Member
It seems like some of these boards have turned into a huge pile of advertising! Wtf is up with that??? :shrug:

Maybe I’m just crazy? who knows

To lightning Larry.... I'd like to respectfully say that what you said in the ''joeblow'' thread was stupid.... "If you dont like all the posts then don’t click on the link". Well I will agree with that logic when it comes to television and radio, but not here.
The people that post and read these message boards are the ones that allow this site to exist and for us to see nothing but advertisements from venders while trying to look for tech threads or private sales is a pain in the ass. IMO

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

they could add another forum for GB's and sales type things. I think they were planning something like this anyway. I could be wrong.

but then you will have the member that says there are too many forums for terminators. you can never win and make everyone happy.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
WUTWINE said:
they could add another forum for GB's and sales type things. I think they were planning something like this anyway. I could be wrong.

but then you will have the member that says there are too many forums for terminators. you can never win and make everyone happy.

Now that is a bad ass idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dougwg

Established Member
FordFreak4.6 said:
It seems like some of these boards have turned into a huge pile of advertising! Wtf is up with that??? :shrug:

Maybe I’m just crazy? who knows

To lightning Larry.... I'd like to respectfully say that what you said in the ''joeblow'' thread was stupid.... "If you dont like all the posts then don’t click on the link". Well I will agree with that logic when it comes to television and radio, but not here.
The people that post and read these message boards are the ones that allow this site to exist and for us to see nothing but advertisements from venders while trying to look for tech threads or private sales is a pain in the ass. IMO

Whoa there dude....I think you forget about all the supporting vendors that PAY to advertise here. I would like to think that we help to allow this site to exist by paying for web services. :rockon:

I see that you have " -Precision Fab intercooler box" & "www.pFabrication.com". is that your company? are you an authorized vendor or are you simply advertising for them....in every post you make? :nono:

WUTWINE said:

Just goes to show you that you guys don't even look around this site. There IS a Group purchase forum and you guy didn't even know. :read:

WUTWINE said:

Very true. :bored:

BTW: it is Christmas time you know :-D

Last edited:

FordFreak

Established Member
dougwg said:
I see that you have " -Precision Fab intercooler box" & "www.pFabrication.com". is that your company? are you an authorized vendor or are you simply advertising for them....in every post you make? :nono:

I dont create advertising posts though. It just seemed to me that it was getting out of hand. Like with all the Joeblow postings.
Also, if all of us werent here, venders wouldnt pay to advertise. Would you really want nothing but vender advertising posts all over these boards?
Venders are willing to pay because of the large audience... If there was no audience then they would pay.

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
And if it weren’t for the vendors selling mods…. You guys would not have much to talk about…

So it seems to me that we (the vendors and the customers) compliment each other like “up & down” like “ying & yang” like “black & white”

BTW… :wf: :poke: :-D

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
dougwg said:
“black & white”

Now Doug, There is no reason to bring race into all of this...J/K :banana: :banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Now Doug, There is no reason to bring race into all of this...J/K :banana: :banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Doug doesn't discriminate.....

well, actually I guess he does against dancing fruits :poke:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That is why I use them on every post I make to him...I'll quit when he gives me some pulleys...:poke:...LOL

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
While I do respect our supporting vendors, it does get a little annoying that JBR doesn't post anything except for sales. I don't recall ever seeing a post by them in any tech thread. Hell their prices aren't even good.

FordFreak

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
While I do respect our supporting vendors, it does get a little annoying that JBR doesn't post anything except for sales. I don't recall ever seeing a post by them in any tech thread. Hell their prices aren't even good.

Thats what Im saying. I just hope it doesnt get worse... I just noticed lately there has been a lot more advertising. Anyone else notice that?

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
dougwg said:
Whoa there dude....I think you forget about all the supporting vendors that PAY to advertise here. I would like to think that we help to allow this site to exist by paying for web services. :rockon:
Having vendors on the board (like dougwg, mjchip and alanw to name just a few) actually improves the board and the products they make. It also helps expose the bad vendors by calling them out when they are wrong. Dougwg makes a good point there, but then again, so does
FordFreak4.6 said:
Venders are willing to pay because of the large audience... If there was no audience then they would pay.
I wonder how the beta testers feel, those who have benefited from all of these advertisers by getting free mods. Or those of us who have bought new products at a reduced introductory price.

I'm in favor of having them here as long as it doesn't turn into a 24X7 ad. This is a big board and there is plenty of room for everyone, especially
RodneyKingCobra said:
"Why can't we all just get along?"
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread