Comp cams 262ah or 270ah

georges93lx

Established Member
I had the 270s in my 4.6 but have since sold it. I haven't run across anyone running the 262s. I've read thru a lot of threads and it seems that which ever one you have was the best choice. Can anyone tell me which one is the better cam for the L. BTW I'm using a stock block '99 with a '01 maf and a 6lb. pulley. I have two buddies willing to give me either set. Thanks

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I personally have seen more guys running the 270's with no issues. Keep in mind you don't wanna run a cam too aggressive for stock/built block. Stage II's will net you pretty much the same hp levels as the stage III's. You may see a little more power during high rpm range but these truck don't run the rpm's the make it worthwhile. Not to mention the tuning is a little more easier.

georges93lx

Established Member
I know the 270s is not an issue. I'm not going to be running high rpms but I have seen where the torque is better for the 262s. But with running the Eaton makes me think the 270s is a great compromise.

Jaimie03Cobra

Established Member
Go Crower Stage II. You get lift as well as duration. If all you want is the 'lump' at idle then it doesn't matter which. Of course you really will not get much from the cams anyway if you do not go heads. Go before and after with stock heads and I think you will be dissapointed with the money to horsepower ratio. The 'lump' is still nice though.

Jaimie

Users who are viewing this thread