Compenplating 4.10 gears in V6 auto...

SpectorV

Established Member
with an auto, sure with a manual go with 3.73. What year v6? 99+ should see 2.5 tenths off their time with 3.73s

2slow50

Banned
charged98cobra said:
My V6 is so slow that it is killing me... I was thinking about waking it up with some 4.10's. Any thoughts on this??
+ 2500 stall converter you will move out pretty good at least out of the hole and you will be able to spin the tires at will.. Good luck.. :rockon:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Get a V8 or trade it in for an SVO. My friend was driving a V6 Stang yesterday (auto 'vert), and was tailgating me. I gave it a 1/4 throttle and pulled away quickly. When we stopped, the first thing out of his mouth was, "DUDE, I WAS FLOORING IT!" Neither of us could believe how slow that was. My mom's V6 Explorer is faster.

UCBeau

is it a daily driver or your only car? if its a DD keep it stock, why waste money on a car like that?

if it's your only car..well the above also applies

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
is it a daily driver or your only car? if its a DD keep it stock, why waste money on a car like that?

if it's your only car..well the above also applies

It is my daily driver, and I have been thinking, I really wouldn't want 4.10's to screw my gas mileage all to hell...

91hatch

Established Member
trust me they would if your worried about gas dont get 4.10's. just keep it stock until u can get a v8 stang or sell it and get a fox:)

Users who are viewing this thread