completed install & tune results

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
So... I had a stock '03 with a K&N in the factory air box. An assortment of conservitive performance parts were picked due to availabilty are reliability. Had I been able to get my hands on a chickenears stage 1 & 2 intake it would be on this list. I wanted to make a moderate increase in power without having to sacrifce my rods to the Lightning gods. So in other words I'm not ready to be the fastest one in Georgia... yet. Not until I get a built block in about 18 months.

To be installed are:
-Dynatech LT headers & mids
-Bassani cat back
-FTVB & Moroso deep pan
-3# lower pulley
-Diff girdle

The baseline with just the K&N is:

Now its time to install and tune the goodies. The dynatech headers and bassnani catback bolted right up with no problems & the exhaust tips protrude about an inch from the sideskirt. Below are some pics of the exhaust, moroso deep pan (w/ FTVB), and differential girdle.

p5070034.jpg

p5070037.jpg

The moment of truth....
p5270150.jpg

The exhaust sounds absolutely wicked and the pull is noticeably more. Considering its still using the OEM intake, throttle body, & MAF I'd have to say these numbers are suprising. The guys @ Higgins Performance in Douglasville did a great job :beer:. I'd recommend them to anyone who is in the Atlanta area. In 2 months comes the hotchkis 2/4 drop & drag radials.

Let me know what you guys think. I'll post some pics of the truck once I get her all clean.

--Matt

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37YrJxd4NG4"]YouTube - dyno 1[/ame]

I did on my digital cam... so its not great quality. I'll get some good road video hopefully before I leave the country in a couple days.

:-D

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
Now from a roll it will spin through 1st and into second... I never knew 40 Ponies and 60ftlbs makes a hug difference :burnout:. Guys in Cobras and Comaros are turning their heads now!

JoePac

Established Member
Nice should have went with a 6lb lower though! I think the Rod God has no prob. with the 6lbr.

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
Nice should have went with a 6lb lower though! I think the Rod God has no prob. with the 6lbr.

Believe me I thought about that... but I just want to take small steps at a time. A #6 lower is next along with a SBTB, chickenears intake, and MAF. I'll probably look into getting the 2.3 whipple that is on sale and slap that puppy on there eventually too.

where did you buy the dynatech lt's and mids from?

.: Johnny Lightning Performance
About the cheapest you can find new ones on the interweb.

SVT Wylde

The Accountant
Established Member
Congrats! I have heard nothing but good things about Higgins Performance. A guy I know is very anal about his Mustang and they are the only shop around that he trusts.

The video you posted just sold me on the headers and mids with the Bassani catback.

Taunto

Established Member
wow very nice numbers. And your truck man.. HOLY CRAP do you only drive it at the sema show.. that undercariage is imaculant. i know mines got no oil leaks or anything its got dirt and stuff but it aint as clean as that.. WOW.. very nice man

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
Damn, I just noticed your base numbers are my numbers with high flows, a catback and an FIPK

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
Congrats! I have heard nothing but good things about Higgins Performance. A guy I know is very anal about his Mustang and they are the only shop around that he trusts.
The video you posted just sold me on the headers and mids with the Bassani catback.

Wylde, check out this vid. I was already going to get dynatech LTs and mids, but this caused me to fork out the cash for the Bassani pipes.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Jg64cGF1k"]YouTube - Ford Lightning Bassani Exhaust Video (Longer Versi[/ame]

Higgins is also doing my Hotchkis 2/4 drop when I come back home in August... and maybe a mod or two... we'll see. I want to join the 400hp club!:rockon: Get this though... about a week and a half ago a fella from Alabama had about $19k of work done to his mustang, came to pick it up, took it on a test drive, and never came back. He had about $19k of work done do it pushing 700rwhp. What a bag of deuche:cuss:

wow very nice numbers. And your truck man.. HOLY CRAP do you only drive it at the sema show.. that undercariage is imaculant. i know mines got no oil leaks or anything its got dirt and stuff but it aint as clean as that.. WOW.. very nice man

Taunto, Thanks dude. I bought this truck from a guy in Ohio last year... it had less than 3k miles on it when I picked it up. Its still pretty much new inside and out. Its sits in a storage unit while I'm out of the country which is 11 months out of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread