Compression, cam trouble

4429scj-r

Established Member
I have been trying to start my new engine for some time now and it just wont run, it just run the front cylinders on each side, tonight so did we discover that it only has compression on those two cylinders that fires up, we did a leak down test and there is no leaks on any cylinders.

We took of a valvecover and what we can see so does the cam lobes on those cylinders that have no compression more or less overlap, as soon as the intake valve Closes so opens the exhaust valve and there wont be any compression.

My question is if this can happen if there are two intake cams on one side and two exhaust cams on the other or if it possible to have the right cams but that they are indexed improperly ?

I took a videoclip of the engine cranking and if you look at it frame by frame so can you see how the cam lobes interact differently on the front cylinder compared too the others, the third is easy to see on this clip.
[video]https://youtu.be/kEqz6x0m_uU[/video]

Quick Strike

Established Member
Something is wrong with the phase there. The intake and exhaust events should not be in the same stroke

Users who are viewing this thread