Compression test ?

tennis_pr0

Established Member
I'm gonna be doing a compression test on my car. 2014 vmp supercharged 5.0. Is there a specific way to diasble the fuel system in these cars? I have a boos a pump, id 1000's, whole fuel system upgraded. Is there just a fuel pump relay I have to pull and that's it?

Edit: Never mind I see I can just disconnect the injector connections. Looks like I would need to actually remove my JLT intake though as it's right in the way of the drivers side spark plug holes. Would removing the intake be okay with doing a compression test? Also, the supercharger, throttle body and JLT all seem to be blocking the drivers side spark plug holes, any tricks for replacing spark plugs on a supercharged coyote???

Last edited:

5lho

Established Member
You should remove the intake and prop the throttle plate open, for best results. ....and no, superchargers do take up space underhood, for realz.

tennis_pr0

Established Member
You should remove the intake and prop the throttle plate open, for best results. ....and no, superchargers do take up space underhood, for realz.

Will the throttle plate open if I have my cut on the gas pedal or no since it's an electronic theottle body?

Doug1227

Established Member
Unplug the fuel pump relay thing in the trunk on the drivers side in the spare tire well. Easier than unplugging the injectors and turns off the fuel pumps.

tennis_pr0

Established Member
Unplug the fuel pump relay thing in the trunk on the drivers side in the spare tire well. Easier than unplugging the injectors and turns off the fuel pumps.

Yeah that's what I'm gonna do. I do have a VMP BAP just want to make sure disconnecting the fuel pump relay won't mess with that after I plug it back in after the compression test

Users who are viewing this thread