Compression Test

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
Did a compression test after the truck started to run bad and a plug change didnt do anything.....low and behold #3 only held 35 to 60 psi.....so teardown has begun

DSCN0256.jpg

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Number three is the one I'm having a problems with too. I'm pretty sure that cylinder ate a piston ring, but I haven't done a compression check and a leakdown check yet.

What were your symptoms?

Stewart

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
Number three is the one I'm having a problems with too. I'm pretty sure that cylinder ate a piston ring, but I haven't done a compression check and a leakdown check yet.

What were your symptoms?

Stewart

idled rough like it had a misfire....plug change did nothing...all the coils checked out good and no codes....a compression check is an easy deal btw

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
idled rough like it had a misfire....plug change did nothing...all the coils checked out good and no codes....a compression check is an easy deal btw

Yeah, I know how easy it is (just gotta pull all the plugs) I just don't have the setup to do the test. I have to borrow the tools for the leakdown and the compression test from my buddy.

I have a couple threads running around here, probably a bunch of pages back, documenting my probs.

My problems occurred while laying the smackdown on a 350Z.

Stewart

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
Yeah, I know how easy it is (just gotta pull all the plugs) I just don't have the setup to do the test. I have to borrow the tools for the leakdown and the compression test from my buddy.

I have a couple threads running around here, probably a bunch of pages back, documenting my probs.

My problems occurred while laying the smackdown on a 350Z.

Stewart

I paid 32 bucks for my tester.....

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Well, if nothing else, get that 'cooler core cleaned out, and port match everything. Good luck with your engine, i hope its nothing serious.. Believe me, i know how it feels.

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
thanks man..but at this point I am thinking screw it..pull the short block and sell it if it is good...then build it back exactly like I want no matter how long it takes

Users who are viewing this thread