Computer Chips

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I was hoping that someone could enlighten me as to how these Chips work. Are they 'flashed' or are they a plug in type. If I add something will I have to re-flash? How much should I expect to pay for one? With the mods I have what kind of gains should I expect, should I wait and add something else before attempting the chip. I would appreciate any first hand experience with them Thanks.

Alex
96 Cobra
Underdrives Pulleys
BBK Hpipe/Flowmaster 2 chamber
K&N Large Cone
8.5 MM MSD Wires
4.10's
RAM Clutch/Steeda Adj Cable
Pro 5.0 shifter
Tokickos /Eibachs/ Nitto 555's

xs-speed

Established Member
Originally posted by Alex_96Cobra
I was hoping that someone could enlighten me as to how these Chips work. Are they 'flashed' or are they a plug in type. If I add something will I have to re-flash? How much should I expect to pay for one? With the mods I have what kind of gains should I expect, should I wait and add something else before attempting the chip. I would appreciate any first hand experience with them Thanks.

Alex
96 Cobra
Underdrives Pulleys
BBK Hpipe/Flowmaster 2 chamber
K&N Large Cone
8.5 MM MSD Wires
4.10's
RAM Clutch/Steeda Adj Cable
Pro 5.0 shifter
Tokickos /Eibachs/ Nitto 555's
Hi ,i,m no expert in this but i,ll just tell you how i did mine.I had the same mods as you then i went with the supercharger,a Superchips module came with it.At first it did not work,the second one came and i sent it to Sean Hyland to burn it .These are the plug in type modules,you tell him what mods you have and he burns the chip to match. If you get more mods done just call or e-mail them to see if the chip has to be re done. The price of the chip is approx 260 dollars and about 100-150 for each time its reburnt.The last time i had to have mine redone was last year after the aftercooler was installed. Hope this helps.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Good info XS.

You may gain 5-10 RWHP on a chip with the mods you listed. Expect 5 but it may be more. If you plan on adding any more power later you may want to wait on the chip. It really depends on what power you want to add though. If you just do simple bolt-ons the chip probably wouldn't be affected by them. If you add a blower or other type of power adder this will be where you'd save money by waiting on the chip. Good luck and let us know how it progresses

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
do you guys think it would be better to get that eec tuner (read about it on muscle mustangs and fast fords magazine) or have a superchip.

MARK C

Established Member
I was VERY pleased with my superchip. It was worth every penny. There est. of 20 or so hp was right! I think I paid around $230 for mine. But we have diff engines so yours might be a diff price. Pretty straight foward on the install. It took me about an hour.
Hope this helps
Mark

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Thanks for the input everyone. Just trying to find the next mod that I can actually feel by the seat O the pants. Not financially ready for the SC but that will happen, just not as soon as I would like.

Alex

WASNTME

Established Member
hello i just got off from the phone with shm before i opened this thread and they don't do any more chip burns unless they do the work on the car no mail order chips at all they recommend calling Autologic or jms

Chris_96cobra

Established Member
Hey alex, if u want a chip i will sell u my single chip when i get my jdm flip chip in a couple of weeks, i am goin to start sprayin my cobra so i want a side for that to reduce the chances of a lean condition. make me an offer on the chip if u want it, but like i said it may take a little while befor i get the flip chip.

Users who are viewing this thread