Computer question.

Silver 03 Cobra

A buddy is having trouble with his 03. Is it possible to swap the computer from my 03 to his 03 when they have the same code number?

predator

Established Member
Hey Larry! Don't know any reason why not. I have never seen anything that says the the computer is car specific. I could be wrong, but I have never heard of any problems doing this. :thumbsup:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
the PCM is mated to the instrument cluster...PATS system won't allow car to start if you swap PCM's

Last edited:

Silver 03 Cobra

Hey Dave. I thought I read that it screwed up the PAT system or whatever it is. Thought I'd check before we swap them out. I'm going to swap my chip out. I'm pretty sure that won't hurt anything.

Did you get your new blower installed?

I guess we missed FFW in VA. I haven't looked at the schedule. Mark and I will be going to Mustang Week in Myrtle. Let me know if you might be interested in going and maybe we can hook up. They rented out Darlington Dragway again but it is on Thursday instead of Friday. We met up at Custom Performance at Lowes Motorspeedway last year and went down with a bunch of people but it really got scattered and screwed up trying to leave in Charlotte afternoon traffic. I think they should try to meet up in a small town outside of Charlotte and then head south. Trying to get 100 plus Mustangs on I-85 in a single file is impossible. Mark and I'll probably just go ourselves this time and maybe a couple others. We'll hit Darlington and then spend Thursday night at Myrtle. If the car show is on Friday, I'll go to that and then come back Friday night. If it's on Saturday, then I'll come back Saturday. I'm trying to find a set of Cobra L Misano seats and install a Maximum Motorsports rollbar before the show. I have four weeks. I think I can make it. Let me know if you are interested in going.

Silver 03 Cobra

Thanks JB :thumbsup:. We'll just try the chip.

Anyone hear of a chip causing excess fuel pressure that breaks the diaphragm in the fuel pressure sensor?

ToxicByte

Established Member
Hey Larry,

It's Richard from Hickory. Shoot me your new email when you get a chance. Looking forward to Mustang Week. What's Mark's computer code? I have a spare QUD2.

[email protected]

Later

Users who are viewing this thread