Confessional & remorseful feelings post!

TXFLYME1

Pay No Attention
Established Member
Hi everyone,

I must admit, I can't tell you how good it feels to be here reading posts. It's been too long! I sold my 01 Cobra over a year ago and seemingly regret it daily when I see another one roll by or hear the deep rumble of a mustang exhaust. Who knows what I was thinking of at the time, she was young, always garaged and practically poished daily when I came home for lunch.

Here's a link to some pics if you would care to look... http://www.austinsvt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=497

If anyone out there knows where she's at - please tell her I still think about her everyday! I miss you baby! Sniff, sniff! :D

If you are thinking of trading yours in, take a long look in a mirror and ask yourself - will it be worth it?

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Here's another trick to keep you from selling it. Stand outside and have someone drive the car around. My brother was driving mine while I was taking pics of it one time and about every thought I had of selling it drifted away. I think I would literally cry if I watched someone drive my car away knowing it wouldn't be coming back.

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
man, i thought this was for people to make confessions and stuff that they didnt want to tell their friends etc.

oh well.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
1999WhiteSVT said:
man, i thought this was for people to make confessions and stuff that they didnt want to tell their friends etc.

oh well.

Spill it. That could be amusing too.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
I love my cobra but I cry a little when thinking about my first love.... my '92 LX hatch that I sold while in a money crunch during college.

Rotzs99

Established Member
Im one of those people hoping to never part with my car. I always feel bad for those people like me but just run on some bad luck or have to sell it cuz of a new baby. Although ultimately i get a good deal if i buy it.

Hi-Hat

Established Member
My first car was a 96 Z28 Convertible. I bought it back in high school and it was a blast having it in those good ol days, chicks loved it and I had a lot of fun/memories with it. I always wanted a Mustang but couldnt afford one then.

I drove the hell outta the car and had to sell it due to a blown head gasket. Some guy bought it and mailed me the check. He didnt actually pick up the car until about a month after he sent me the money, so it felt like the car was still myn after I was paid.

One random late night he came by and picked it up. It felt like a breakup as I saw him him leave with my car, driving it down the street out of sight in the dark.

It was my first car and I miss it to death. I still have the guy's # in my cell. I really want to give him a call but I just can't do it...

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
Everytime I come in contact w/ a baby boomer and I'm driving the mustang they tell me about the 65 stang, GTO, Chevelle, Cuda, blah, blah, they had when they where my age and how they miss it now. I think I'm just gonna keep the cobra forever so I won't be like those dudes.

01vert

Established Member
Had to sell my first new car an 89 GT with 3.08 and every option when I started a new job. Loved that car, wish I never go rid of it. Had to take my cobra off the road due to high insurance costs this year and i hope I never have to sell it. Keep telling myself I will never get another like it if I do get rid of it.
My old gearhead neighbor sold a GT350-H in the mid seventies that he owned because he cooked the clutch and needed the money. My uncle a few years ago sold his yellow Shelby GT500KR because he "wasnt driving it anymore" and his lifestyle changed. Car had original interior, repaint and an original motor. He bought that in mid seventies and had it through his divorce. I felt sick for him as he sold it before the cars completely went through the roof and the car wasnt even in the Shelby registry as he never bothered. Missing smog but that was about it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
kxt said:
Everytime I come in contact w/ a baby boomer and I'm driving the mustang they tell me about the 65 stang, GTO, Chevelle, Cuda, blah, blah, they had when they where my age and how they miss it now. I think I'm just gonna keep the cobra forever so I won't be like those dudes.

It's even worse if you're driving a classic. I had a 1970 Fastback for years. Every time I stopped for gas I had to hear someone's story about an old car they or their brother, father, etc. had. The best part was when people thought I as driving my dad's car and I told them it was mine and I did all the work on it.

4a7191a

Established Member
i still got my first car, its a 69 cougar, its motor lost compression, in 2000, and i parked it in a garage, i figure that ill get started on a full resto job next year some time, oh btw its only got 64k original miles. i dont think ill ever sell it.

Crazy01Cobra

Established Member
i'm selling my 94 5.0 right now which is the first car I bought in high school. half my salary was going to pay it off working part time but boy was it worth it. I have had a lot of great times in that car and I know I'm going to cry watching it leave but it has to be done for the sake of the cobra.

01yellercobra

Established Member
4a7191a said:
i still got my first car, its a 69 cougar, its motor lost compression, in 2000, and i parked it in a garage, i figure that ill get started on a full resto job next year some time, oh btw its only got 64k original miles. i dont think ill ever sell it.

I kept saying that about my 70. I finally decided it would better off with someone that had the time and money to work on it. Judging by how enthusiastic the buyer was I think I made a good choice.

chuckstang

Established Member
Interesting, the very second I see a new gt500 for a good price, my car is going up for sale! LOL
I will probably be sad, but only until I fire up the new one and feel 500 horses.
These new edge cars are fantastic but you gota step it up eventually.
Costs too much money to make these things fast, I stoped modding about a year ago because it was going nowhere. It looks great, sounds great, and drives great right now, so why risk blowing a hand built motor and kill the resale value?
:)

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
I regret selling my 1969 Fastback....I bought the body (minus engine and tranny) for $700 and wish I would not have let it go....even if it would have sat in the garage all these years, I WISH I would have kept it....stupid. Sold it for a girl and she divorced me 9 year later anyways.... :cuss:

stupid.

Rotzs99

Established Member
Bizarro said:
I regret selling my 1969 Fastback....I bought the body (minus engine and tranny) for $700 and wish I would not have let it go....even if it would have sat in the garage all these years, I WISH I would have kept it....stupid. Sold it for a girl and she divorced me 9 year later anyways.... :cuss:

stupid.

My dad did the same thing but with a platinum/black vinyl top 67 Buick GS400. Ex wife made him sell it because she couldn't drive manual. Stupid B****:cuss:

I yell at him everytime he tells me about it. Never even seen the car.

Users who are viewing this thread