Congrats to F8L Snake

408GT

8 second club
Established Member
Saturday night at Twiggs was the street car shootout. No cage, no mini-tubs, and no rear coil-overs, and had to be on DOT tires. F8L and I got to race each other. We double red lighted the first time, and he treed the hell outta me the second time! He went on to win the whole event. I had a lot of fun, and would like to run you again sometime man, but Congrats on winning!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Thanks bro. I would have been cool had we met in the finals instead of the first round. Our cars were very close. Get that nitrous sorted out and I'll be lookin at taillights.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Not that run, but here's one from earlier in the day.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHLB0WQq4vo"]YouTube - F8LSNAKE[/ame]

408GT

8 second club
Established Member
What did you run on that pass btw?

Man I think it was like a 7.3X. It was pretty bad though! I still haven't had a chance to figure out the Nitrous yet. The first pass I made that night on the Dr's, it ran a 7.16 @ 99.98 w/ a 1.75 short time, and the nitrous never came on (timing @ 30*)...lol I should have just set the timing back on 34 total and ran the car on motor. It felt a lot stronger on the motor since I did some more tuning on it. I'm going to stop by Summit on the way home from school this week, and pick up some Double adjustable uppers so I can set my pinion angle. I still have the stock upper control arms on it right now. Overall I was ok with what it ran. I mean I did only get to make two passes before the race.
Are you or Randy going to be running anywhere this weekend? Maybe I can get my stuff together, and actually get to do some R&D before we go to the track this time! Just let me know man, and I'll try to make it out. Tell Randy congrats on winning at AMS. Spacesavers FTW!!!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Man I think it was like a 7.3X. It was pretty bad though! I still haven't had a chance to figure out the Nitrous yet. The first pass I made that night on the Dr's, it ran a 7.16 @ 99.98 w/ a 1.75 short time, and the nitrous never came on (timing @ 30*)...lol I should have just set the timing back on 34 total and ran the car on motor. It felt a lot stronger on the motor since I did some more tuning on it. I'm going to stop by Summit on the way home from school this week, and pick up some Double adjustable uppers so I can set my pinion angle. I still have the stock upper control arms on it right now. Overall I was ok with what it ran. I mean I did only get to make two passes before the race.
Are you or Randy going to be running anywhere this weekend? Maybe I can get my stuff together, and actually get to do some R&D before we go to the track this time! Just let me know man, and I'll try to make it out. Tell Randy congrats on winning at AMS. Spacesavers FTW!!!
Well I was planning on going to Twiggs on Saturday to watch the S/S race, but SDR is having a Super Street race(10.90 index pro tree) at the same time so I may go to that and try my luck. They may not let me run it without a cage though.
Congrats F8LSnake :beer:
Thanks bro.:beer:
sounds badass, thanks for the vid!! :bowdown::bowdown:
Thanks it's Bassani catted x and Borla stingers.:beer:

408GT

8 second club
Established Member
Well I was planning on going to Twiggs on Saturday to watch the S/S race, but SDR is having a Super Street race(10.90 index pro tree) at the same time so I may go to that and try my luck. They may not let me run it without a cage though.

So it's a 10.90 race on Saturday at SDR? I need more practice on the pro-tree, if you couldn't tell! If I could get my 60' time down I should be able to do the 10.90's on motor no problem, but I don't have a cage either. I'm not planning on putting a cage in that car, that's what my other car is for. I might just play around with the car this weekend, and try to run somewhere next weekend. Do you know who's having tnt next weekend?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
So it's a 10.90 race on Saturday at SDR? I need more practice on the pro-tree, if you couldn't tell! If I could get my 60' time down I should be able to do the 10.90's on motor no problem, but I don't have a cage either. I'm not planning on putting a cage in that car, that's what my other car is for. I might just play around with the car this weekend, and try to run somewhere next weekend. Do you know who's having tnt next weekend?

My thoughts on getting around the cage was to go out there for tnt. They never look at my car for tnt. Then later in the day go pay to get in the 10.90 race and hopefully they won't say anything. I don't figure to have much of a chance, all those guys are auto with transbrakes, but it'll still be fun.

Next weekend, I'm sure they'll all have tnt at sometime or another.

Users who are viewing this thread