Congratulations NBA... You just killed a great series

pokerpoison

Established Member
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...ug=ap-suns-spurssuspensions&prov=ap&type=lgns

Well, now that Amare and Boris are suspended this puts the Phoenix Suns in a great lurch. I expected suspensions dont get me wrong, but if your going to cripple the Suns like this don't you also dish out the same punishment to the Spurs for Tim Duncan's and Bruce Bowen's actions in the second quarter of this game as well ?

That being said, we shall see the Suns' scrubs in playing and game 5 and I am sure we can afford to lose Jalen Rose or Pat Burke to a suspension for say ending Tony Parker's, Manu Ginobli's or Tim Duncan's seasons.

The league had an opportunity today to make a statement about scrubs (yes big shot bob is a scrub, he is averaging 3 points and less than 15 mins a game), trying to knock out star players. Well the NBA IMO just lost control of this series and I think it will turn ugly.

Anyone have Stu Jackson's email so I can express my thoughts to him personally ?

pokerpoison

Established Member
What a coward

KTAR 620 Radio in Phoenix reports:

"David Stern has cancelled his scheduled trip to Phoenix to see the Suns battle the Spurs in a matchup of the premier Western Conference Teams. Said Stern's office "In light of recent events the commissioner feels that his trip to Phoenix would be met with an unwelcome feeling but the commissioner will be in San Antonio for game 6 of this series".

You have got to be kidding me. Anyone who has watched this series knows the officiating in game one was ATROCIOUS and both coaches were pissed. Games 2, and 3 went San Antonios way, and now we get the BS out of game 4 and the suspensions. I am glad Stern is not coming to game 5.

All he is going to see is a little retribution first hand when one of the Suns scrubs takes out a Spurs starter because the league office does not have the stones to actually penalize the Spurs for their actions against Steve Nash not to mention the non suspensions for Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan for leaving the bench in the second period.

Time for Pat Burke and Jalen Rose to earn some of the money Phoenix is paying them.

Last edited:

RGrossman

Established Member
I'm confused why your upset. They entered the court without permission, which is a standard 1 game suspension. They were both clearly on the court before getting pushed back. What's to be upset about? Arguing which way calls go is pointless in any sport. IT is unfortunite that the suns lost quality players and the spurs lost pretty much nothing.

Last edited:

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
RGrossman said:
I'm confused why your upset. They entered the court without permission, which is a standard 1 game suspension. They were both clearly on the court before getting pushed back. What's to be upset about? Arguing which way calls go is pointless in any sport. IT is unfortunite that the suns lost quality players and the spurs lost pretty much nothing.

Duncan did the same thing earlier in the game. He should have been suspended as well. Same exact thing happend; why is he not suspended. The suns got screwed.

vid -> http://warriors.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/15/tim-duncan-left-the-bench-too-will-he-be-suspended/

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
^exactly...go to smackdown if you wanna dive into this further...

Jefe

Established Member
if the Suns win tonight I would be shocked. Were gonna need 30+ from Marion. And hes gonna play the entire game. 20+ from Nash. 20+ from Barbosa. And Kurt needs to stay out of foul trouble.

I bet Amare is gonna have the game of his life on Friday in SA. That or hes gonna kill someone

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I would not be stunned at all if they won.

Call me crazy, but Stoudemire is not the be all end all for the Suns. If it were Nash it would be a different story. As is, I think Stoudemire is the kind of guy they can lose and have the other players actually play better by taking that known quantity out of the equation. Sometimes having to deal with someone other than the alpha dog puts the opponent on his heels...

Jefe

Established Member
true...but when we were without Amare last year, Diaw was the player to step up. Weve lost both of them! Now we gotta play the 3rd string big men. Its not gonna be pretty

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Break the rules, you get penalized ..... Following the rules is more important than winning some stupid game ....

Coiled03

Established Member
pokerpoison said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...ug=ap-suns-spurssuspensions&prov=ap&type=lgns

Well, now that Amare and Boris are suspended this puts the Phoenix Suns in a great lurch. I expected suspensions dont get me wrong, but if your going to cripple the Suns like this don't you also dish out the same punishment to the Spurs for Tim Duncan's and Bruce Bowen's actions in the second quarter of this game as well ?

That being said, we shall see the Suns' scrubs in playing and game 5 and I am sure we can afford to lose Jalen Rose or Pat Burke to a suspension for say ending Tony Parker's, Manu Ginobli's or Tim Duncan's seasons.

The league had an opportunity today to make a statement about scrubs (yes big shot bob is a scrub, he is averaging 3 points and less than 15 mins a game), trying to knock out star players. Well the NBA IMO just lost control of this series and I think it will turn ugly.

Anyone have Stu Jackson's email so I can express my thoughts to him personally ?

Great - another crybaby Suns fan.

:cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread