Connecting x4 to AEM Wideband issues

beastmar

Established Member
Those who have connected their aem 30-4100 wideband to their x4, did you do it per instructions or did you just connect the firewire orange to the aem white?

I have it connected by the instructions, firewire orange to aem white and firewire blue to aem black & ground, but I cannot pull up analog 1 or 2. I saw on another forum that they didn't need connect the ground to their handheld and it worked fine.

Also someone else mentioned they only connected the sct orange to aem white and then used analog 8. But none of my analogs will read the AFR what my wideband outputs.

Which pin on the firewire is supposed to work? The 2 middle ones right?

I noticed that when I search for the PIDs on livelink, my car tach will go down to zero for a second or 2, check engine light comes on, and then it goes back to reading idle rpm.

What is my issue?

svtmemo

Established Member
You only need to connect the orange wire to the white wire of the aem gauge. Don't connect the blue wire from the fire wire. I'm currently getting a remote tune from 04sleeper and also noticed the gauges go to zero and all the lights go on when you are going to datalog, my guess is that it's normal. Make sure that when you do log with the wideband you apply the AEM formula to Analog Equations.

Here's the link I used as a reference, I hope this helps.

http://forums.focaljet.com/showthre...sct-x3-to-a-wideband-via-firewire-please-help

beastmar

Established Member
You only need to connect the orange wire to the white wire of the aem gauge. Don't connect the blue wire from the fire wire. I'm currently getting a remote tune from 04sleeper and also noticed the gauges go to zero and all the lights go on when you are going to datalog, my guess is that it's normal. Make sure that when you do log with the wideband you apply the AEM formula to Analog Equations.

Here's the link I used as a reference, I hope this helps.

http://forums.focaljet.com/showthre...sct-x3-to-a-wideband-via-firewire-please-help

That is one of the threads I researched before doing the install as well. I do have my equations in livelink and on my x4 setup.

When you datalog your AFR, is it analog 7 or 8? Or does it show on analog 1 or 2?

01yellercobra

Established Member
One time I was helping a friend set up his wideband and I wasn't sure which analogue it was. So I selected them all and watched for which one was changing. Then I added that one to the set up.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

beastmar

Established Member
I believe I have it set up on analog 1 when I choose the PID.

Oh ok. When I am in my livelink, only 7 & 8 show up.

One time I was helping a friend set up his wideband and I wasn't sure which analogue it was. So I selected them all and watched for which one was changing. Then I added that one to the set up.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

I tried doing this also but only 7 & 8 show up on livelink. Man what am I missing here :(

Users who are viewing this thread