Considering a 97 cobra

boost88

Established Member
So I haven't had a mustang in several years. Sold the last one to fund our house, now that we're moved into a "forever home" might by another.

I have the option to purchase a 97 cobra with 26k miles. Full saleen clone down to the head rest. Car looks good black on black convertible. Rebuilt title, car was wrecked 8 months after purchase in 98 and rebuilt. Price is 5500 obo. Car is bone stock mileage checks out via vin checks so it appears legit. Minor issues like needing a lock actuator and trunk seal. No biggie just want your guys thoughts. Worth it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I say if it is as you say. Seems a pretty reasonable price. Good luck in your decision

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mvk13

oooohhhhh Shiny!
Established Member
Can you do an inspection with it up on a rack? Always really cautious with salvage titles, been burned before. Good luck!

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

boost88

Established Member
I have access to a lift and I dont see why the guy wouldn't let me. Unless something to hide. He doesn't seem like a hardcore enthusiast just a guy that bought a nice car on a good deal. I'm really just waiting on permission from the boss lol. I've personally never owned a salvage vehicle but my common sense tells me"look it over in detail and if it was wrecked 22 years ago and still on the road it cant be too bad". I just happened on a conversation with the guy it's not actively being sold as of yet. But said he'd sell to mev

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread