Considering moving

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Hey guys I was looking for some advice on where to move in the next year or so. I am looking into moving somewhere in the southwest( Arizona, Nevada, Texas), but really just want to find a place with jobs and good job security. I am going to be a Firefighter/emt and my g/f is going to be a Dental hygienist. Its tough to find a job in Michigan right now so we are both looking out of state and I thought maybe somebody on here could suggest some good places to live and work.

Mika

Established Member
I moved from southern Florida. And I can honestly say that after 20 years of West Palm Beach, I won't go back. Too much of a rat-race. Too many a-holes. Real estate is stupid, the people are stupid, and the quality of life is terrible. The only thing I miss is my family, and they're considering moving out here.

Mika

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
My vote would be for Arizona. If I were looking in the SW, AZ has plenty to do and a healthy economy.

I lived in Vegas for 22 years and I liked it alot. Yes, there is alot of temptation out there (ie the women, the gambling, drugs, drinking) but it is all in all a good place to work. The fire dept. out there is very good as well and I have a couple friends who work out there.
As for Cali, I dislike it alot. The people are rude. The drivers are horrible. The traffic sucks. And trying to find a job, just eh, is TRYING to find a job. lol
If you need some hook ups in Vegas, let me know.
Just my .02!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Upgrade your EMT to an EMT-P and you will get a job just about anywhere. Florida and Arizona are two good states to consider for the job as well as year round fun.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Texas man. Im telling you. You can make nice money and the cost of living cant be beat. HFD doesnt have the best pay but the retirement is awesome. Surrounding cities will pay upwards of 45k+ starting off and thats JUST with your basic cert. Plus I want to drive your car.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
66speed said:
Texas man. Im telling you. You can make nice money and the cost of living cant be beat. Plus I want to drive your car.

Housing market is one of the cheapest around!!

And yeah I'd love to drive your car as well. :D

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
SQ Stang said:
Housing market is one of the cheapest around!!

And yeah I'd love to drive your car as well. :D

Dude you already have a supercharged stang. I have 225 HP being generours. Get off his nuts. :)

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
66speed said:
Dude you already have a supercharged stang. I have 225 HP being generours. Get off his nuts. :)

Yeah but I don't have a Kenne Bell and have never ridden in a 03-04 Cobra. :(

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Kilgore Trout said:
Scottsdale

BAHAHAHA! Yea if you want everyone that makes more money than you walking all over you and throwing their richie rich noses up at you... **** taht.

Mika

Established Member
One thing that really sold me on Texas was the real estate. It's reasonable here, where as the rest of the country it's getting ridiculous. You can buy a 3/2/2 here(Brand new) for under $150k. And I'm not talking 1100 sq. ft. Somewhere along the lines of 2000+ sq. ft.

The food out here is WAY better than Florida. Southern food with a mid-western mix, and also there's Tex Mex and Mexican food. Dang good, and cheap.

Mika

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
66speed said:
Texas man. Im telling you. You can make nice money and the cost of living cant be beat. HFD doesnt have the best pay but the retirement is awesome. Surrounding cities will pay upwards of 45k+ starting off and thats JUST with your basic cert. Plus I want to drive your car.
Texas is high on my list, I am really just looking at which fire depts will be hiring in the next year or so.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I don't know dick about fire departments, but my girl's ex-boyfriend (he had a twin brother), they were both in DFD.... I could try to persuade her to talk to them again, to see what they can do...

...but Texas is good stuff. Out of all the places in the world that I've lived....I don't really wanna leave Texas.

slider701

Established Member
Texas should be your number one place to start looking! I live in Dearborn, MI and I cannot wait to get out of this hell hole! The wife, kids and I are looking at moving to the north Dallas area. We spent a week down there over Easter and absolutely loved it. We did not meet one single rude person in the week that we were there. Even the people in the fast food joints, Walmarts, and everywhere we went were just good people. Its a night and day difference from here in the Detroit area. There are tons of jobs, the economy is booming, housing is dirt cheap, and no state income taxes. Do yourself a favor and make a trip down there for a week and check it out. You'll never come back to Michigan.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
If your going to be a paramedic , stay in detroit. There's more calls than they know what to do with . lol

I dont blame ya for getting out of here man. Wish I could do the same

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
ScareCrow said:
If your going to be a paramedic , stay in detroit. There's more calls than they know what to do with . lol

Same thing can be said about any large city.

Users who are viewing this thread