Considering ordering a 2011 GT

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
I'm returning my cobra to stock and trading it in on something else. The 2011 GT is top on my list as long as ford actually fixes or replaces my F250 that has been nothing but a nightmare for problems and ford hasn't been wanting to fix.

I haven't found many GT's around with the options I want, basically a 401A spec GT premium full loaded with the exception of glass roof. I'm still up in the air about auto vs. manual, normally I wouldn't even consider a auto in a sports car because it does take away from the fun but with the problems with the MT82 and almost a year later with no fix kinda turns me away. I want a car I can beat on and enjoy, it can't have fragile parts that I'm going to have to pull teeth with ford to get fixed like my truck.

My main question is can I still order a 2011, or would it be a 2012? If it would be a 2012, when do you think they would start shipping them? The salesman I talked to really seemed to have no idea, but he wasn't exactly hitting on all 8 either.

Also anything I should consider, or look out for when buying one of these cars?

Thanks.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Well that sucks. I definitely don't want to wait that long, plus they probably aren't going to have as good deals on brand new model year ones. I'll continue to look for what I want, but if I can't find it I'll probably be getting a different car.

They have one I like, just missing nav but there's another guy interested in it too that was there checking it out the other day while I was there. I'm not making any moves on a new car until they do something with my truck, if they screw me over the way they have been, there's no way in hell I'll buy another ford product.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Have them run a nation wide search. That's how I found mine. And yes the manual can be tough to shift, but mine only does it when stone cold. If I let it run for 5 minutes before I go, there is no problem, and if I don't have time for that, it shifts fine after about a mile or so.

Supposedly Bob Davidson Ford in Towson has been working with Ford on a TSB for the trans issues and apparently have come up with a repair. The story is we are just waiting on Ford to issue a TSB now.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
I just back from Jerry's in Annandale. One of the sales guys there ran a nation wide search for me and didn't find anything with my required options which are Premium 400 or 401 spec, Brembo's, HID's, and comfort packagein grabber blue, sterling grey, silver, or yellow blaze prefferably fully loaded with all options besides glass roof and the option accessories or wheels.

It seemed like all he wanted to do was sell me one of the ones on the lot that didn't have a single option I required, and they all had some hideous wheels they where charging $995 for. They did have one black one with brembo's but it didn't have HID's which is required, and as screwy as his story is as to why its not on their lot and won't be back until monday it makes it sound to me like it's in the body shop so that's a no go.

Sheehy had a yellow blaze with aftermarket matte black stripes that I thought looked REALLY good 400A spec with brembo's, HID's, comfort package, security package, and some other stuff $37,795 sticker, markdown was $35,795 and he said he would do $33K + tax and all.

That's good to hear a TSB is finally coming around for the trans, but I would still prefer to wait until its fixed-fixed and the ones sitting on the lot are fixed ones before I buy a manual. The current major issue I'm having with my truck there is a TSB for and Ford says it's a ghost issue but they're saying they may not be able to fix it, and don't seem willing to work with me at all. Right now they are saying I may have to go to the dealer and pick up my truck that I bought brand new 11/06, paid over 50K ford, still under factory warranty, and also have Ford premium care and deal with it. Their customer service with this and another issue which there was a TSB for has put a extremely bad taste in my mouth for their customer service or lack there of, so I don't want to have to depend on them to fix a issue that I'm aware of. If something weird broke and I had to deal with them then that would be a different circumstance.

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
chronic im in the same boat as you. have you tried looking for any used 11 gt's? theres some out there.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
chronic im in the same boat as you. have you tried looking for any used 11 gt's? theres some out there.

I actually found exactly what I want on Ebay Motors with like 3500 miles on it for $31000 buy it now the other day which was almost a $10K savings over sticker, and I am pre approved through USAA with a 3.9% interest for a new or used car, and I can probably re-apply for new only and maybe get a little better interest rate, but it still isn't as good as the 0% I can get through ford. That combined with the full warranty if bought new I think I would rather just get a new car, I would rather have a car of my own that nobody else has owned or beat on anyway.

Stangposse, I was thinking the same thing because I do enjoy driving a manual a lot more, but I do want to keep this as my daily driver and driving around here with a manual in traffic SUCKS. I daily drove my old 03 cobra for almost 2 years and I'll never forget how much I hated it. If I was going for a car that was a strictly a pleasure car and I intended to put down some serious power it would definitely be a manual, but it's not like the stock MT82 will hold a lot of power either and I would have to swap out the trans regardless. I also don't see the GT as as good of a modding platform as a GT500 or 03/04 Cobra being it's NA and high compression. I know you CAN build off of it, but the money you would have to put into upgrading it plus how much more SC kits and all cost I would be better off just spending the extra cash for a GT500 which is what I may still do.

I mainly just want a NICE car that I can drive regardless of weather as long as it isn't snowing, I have a jacked up F250 thats pretty much unstoppable in the snow for that purpose. If I buy a GT there is still a very good chance I'll pick up another go fast car in a year or so. There is still a very good chance I'll just trade in the cobra towards a C6 Z06 and get a luxury car for a DD too. I know the C6Z is a lot of car for the money but I'm still not to Keen on paying $40K+ for a 4 year old car when I can get a brand spankin new GT500 for the same price.

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
same boat here. i would love to find a new one if they could drop the price to $33k like you stated above, but I want Grabber blue and can not find any within a reasonable distance to California. Ordering the vehicle it seems to cost far too much. I could save big finding a used Grabber GT but who knows how long that will take.

drewzx3

Established Member
The deals are out there for the 2011's I just picked mine up its a grabber blue base gt only option was an auto. Got it for 26,2XX with the 750 coupon and the rebates. I had to have the car shipped from about 450 miles away. Shipping only cost me 300.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread