Considering ordering a 2011 GT500, but have some ordering questions?

cgjarvis

Established Member
Ok, I am strongly considering ordering a 2011 GT500. But I need some help understanding the ordering lingo. So several dealers in my area say they have allocation to order one. What the heck does that really mean? And how do I progress from there? I don't want to tie up a deposit on an order that may not happen for 10 months. What's the best way to do this? If the car was on the ground I wouldn't be asking, but ordering a car that not everyone get get seems to be uncharted territory for me.

Thanks,
Chris

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Ok, I am strongly considering ordering a 2011 GT500. But I need some help understanding the ordering lingo. So several dealers in my area say they have allocation to order one. What the heck does that really mean? And how do I progress from there? I don't want to tie up a deposit on an order that may not happen for 10 months. What's the best way to do this? If the car was on the ground I wouldn't be asking, but ordering a car that not everyone get get seems to be uncharted territory for me.

Thanks,
Chris

A allocation means your dealer is going to get 1-GT500. Now the ? you have to ask them is what production date will you get. I know there are few different runs (which month allocation will get pulled).
Once dealers allocation is pulled they actually start building your car within a few weeks. As time goes by you will get up dates (Like vin number, estimated ship and arrival date).
Best way is to put a deposit down that you feel comfortable giving them. Im sure they will want 1k or so.

cgjarvis

Established Member
Thanks Sonic!!

I just got this email...any clue what they are talking about??

"Good Day Chris, Jack Malone here, at Dick Wright Ford, just reaching out to acknowledge and thank you for your online inquiry. Currently no one has allocation. However we do have a "Retail Order Verification Process", which grants and guarantees that you car will be built over and above any allocation we are granted. I would ask that you give me a call..."

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Thanks Sonic!!

I just got this email...any clue what they are talking about??

"Good Day Chris, Jack Malone here, at Dick Wright Ford, just reaching out to acknowledge and thank you for your online inquiry. Currently no one has allocation. However we do have a "Retail Order Verification Process", which grants and guarantees that you car will be built over and above any allocation we are granted. I would ask that you give me a call..."

Ive never heard of anything like that. Everyone Ive talked to talks about allocations. Maybe they dont have a allocation avaible yet and are just trying to lock you into to buying their next one they get?
Google search found this. Not sure if this will apply to GT500s tho.

In response to positive dealer and consumer feedback Ford will offer the Mustang Retail Verification and Scheduling program for valid retail orders through May 15, 2010. Retail orders must be verified through the website, XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, no later than May 31, 2010.
Why is Ford doing this?
To continue to enable dealers to meet customer requests for 2011 Mustang, we will offer the Retail Order Scheduling program through May 15, 2010.
2011 MY Mustang Retail Order Allocation Scheduling
All retail orders verified through the Retail Verification program will be built above allocation. These orders must be entered and approved on the website, no later than Midnight, May 31, 2010 to qualify.
Retail orders verified through the Retail Order Verification Process will be scheduled above dealer allocation. Retail orders not verified through the Retail Order Verification Process may still be scheduled within dealer allocation based on the prioritization of each dealer's order bank.
Retail Order Verification Process
The Retail Order Verification website can be accessed through FMCDealer, under C&I Forms or via XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, under the Retail Order Verification Program. This website will allow dealers to register retail orders, upload required documentation and receive confirmation when the order has been validated. Once orders are validated they will be approved for scheduling above allocation and eligible for claiming in VINCENT.
Note: It is the Dealer's responsibility to register all retail orders on this website to have the order approved for scheduling above allocation and incentive paid in VINCENT.
Required Documents for all Dealers (Except State of California Dealers)
The following documents will be required for each retail order (no exceptions):
-Signed and Dated Buyers order clearly showing date in compliance with
program deadlines (Retail Allocation– May 15, 2010)
-Customer's Driver's License (Note: Sensitive Customer Information should be blocked out on submitted documents).
Required Documents for State of California Dealers ONLY
Required documentation has been modified for the State of California Dealers only and includes:
-Customer signed and dated Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement
(DORA) showing date in compliance with program deadlines (Retail Allocation May 15, 2010)
-Proof of Customer Deposit
- Copy of Customer's Driver's License
It is the dealer's responsibility to ensure that all Sensitive Customer Information such as: Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Driver's License Number or any other personal information is blocked on all uploaded files.
If the order is eligible and approved, the dealer will receive an approval confirmation email within 72 business hours from Program Headquarters. There will be no exceptions to the document requirements.
Dealer Resources
Dealers will be able to view their online enrollments and check the status of their submissions on the website. If a submission has not been approved, they can click on the status bar in order to upload any additional documentation necessary to submit the claim.
For any program questions regarding website enrollments or general program guidelines, please contact Program Headquarters at 1-800-404-4977.
For questions regarding your vehicle's order status, how to order a vehicle or scheduling and delivery questions, please contact Vehicle Order Processing Center via the Dealers Ask Ford (DAF) tool on FMCDealer.com. Dealers Ask Ford (DAF) is a robust search engine connected to a customized knowledgebase.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will the verified retail orders be produced?
Eligible and verified orders will be considered for production. Timing estimates will depend upon the number of verified orders received but every effort will be made to schedule all units for production the month after they are verified (e.g. retail order verified in March will be scheduled for production in May). Please review the production timing with your Regional Sales Office.
What will happen if my order is not buildable (e.g. has a configuration error)?
Dealers are responsible for providing a clean and buildable order by the program deadlines, no exceptions will be honored.
Will my order get approved if I don't submit a copy of the customer's driver's license?
No, your order will be placed on hold with Program Headquarters and it will not be eligible for these programs.
Where can I verify my status on the enrollments that I have entered on the verification website?
There is a function on the website to view all of your current enrollments on the website and their status (Approved, Hold, Denied). If you have any questions, about the status of your enrollment, you can contact Program headquarters at 800-404-4977 for more details.
How do I access the website?
You can link to the website, by going directly to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX or by clicking on FMCDealer.com, Contest and Incentives, C&I Forms, and then Online Enrollment Forms.
Will this retail order scheduling commitment extend beyond May 15, 2010?
Our goal is to continue to offer scheduling of all verified retail orders above allocation. Due to limited production, we will monitor the number of verified retail orders received and determine if we can extend this program at that time.

[ame="http://forums.themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=481365"]Mustang Retail Verification and Scheduling program - The Mustang Source[/ame]
GT500 is EXCLUDED.

Last edited:

cgjarvis

Established Member
Good Grief!!! Thanks Sonic! Sounds like it might be easier just to wait until this fall when the are here on the lots.....

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Good Grief!!! Thanks Sonic! Sounds like it might be easier just to wait until this fall when the are here on the lots.....

If you are in a rush then get it. If you can wait I would. Dealers are gonna want top dollar for them right off the bat. Wait about 4-6 months. Can get them ALOT cheaper. Just look at the 2010s sitting. They can be bought for invoice or just over in alot of places. Same thing is gonna happen to the 2011s. Economy still hasnt rebounded and how many people do you know going out buying 50k+ cars? Not many.

jshen

Established Member
Just look at the 2010s sitting. They can be bought for invoice or just over in alot of places. Economy still hasnt rebounded and how many people do you know going out buying 50k+ cars? Not many.

I cannot find a single decent deal on a 2010...As far as I am concerned they can rot on the lots. Best I've seen is MSRP.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I cannot find a single decent deal on a 2010...As far as I am concerned they can rot on the lots. Best I've seen is MSRP.

Best thing to do is call dealerships. They arent gonna advertise their bottom dollar prices. Plus they want to move them asap as the 2011s are right around the corner.

A local guy I talked to got a Kona Blue with every option. Paid 48K and got 38K trade in for his 07 GT500. I think he did really good on trade in not to mention the taxes he saved by trading in.

MattR

Established Member

Rick Ford in Hemlock Mi has a red 2010 with nav. HID and cover. I have been told the car can be had for 500 over invoice. Call them up and talk to Roger the sales manager.

bpmurr

Established Member
Who the hell would want a 2010 is the better question

Not everyone wants to be Fords guinea pigs. With the 2010 you get the same styling as the 2011 and the proven powertrain. If someone can't find a good deal on a 2010 GT500 they aren't looking hard enough. The cost savings alone could be appealing to someone who plans on modding the car.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Not everyone wants to be Fords guinea pigs. With the 2010 you get the same styling as the 2011 and the proven powertrain. If someone can't find a good deal on a 2010 GT500 they aren't looking hard enough. The cost savings alone could be appealing to someone who plans on modding the car.

Sorry, I forgot that some may just prefer the new looks of the 2010+

I have nothing against the 2010, just dont see why someone would buy it now with the 2011 right here up for ordering, unless they were giving the 2010 for say 45k

Users who are viewing this thread