Considering Upgrading Special Forces to Commando

NoRdO

Established Member
I currently have the Delta force tuning Special Forces software and box. I was thinking about upgrading to commando after reading a few books about tuning. I will also be building a big bore soon and don't think I want to tune it with the special forces software.

If anyone here has Commando software, let me know what you think of it. Is it worth it or should I sell the sniper box and go SCT?

2002BLGT

Established Member
I would say depends on the car , if its 04-older car you should be fine just upgrading to Commando IMO , speaking from someone who uses all brands of software

NoRdO

Established Member
Yea. That is actually what I ended up doing. I got a great deal on the commando upgrade from a vendor so I went that route. It is in the mail. I figure I have a 99' ranger and cobra, If i can tune both of them decently for < $650, thats pretty good. I got a great deal on a dynojet wideband datalogger a few years back so I'm all set. I will only be using commando on the cobra though. I have no plans to buy a new ford... unless someone gives me a raptor.

blown 96'

Established Member
I have been using the commando software for about a year now and really like it. i am no tuner but have a really good understanding of how an engine works and what it takes to make it run. I would highly recommend that you purchase a delta force tuning manual from LaSota racing as i had most things right but some things i did not and it really helped me out. It gets into depth with all the scalars and tables. Just my .02

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread