Control arm bushings

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
I saw that MM sells a tool that allows you to replace the rear control arm bushhings with the control arms still in the car. Does anyone know what this process is like?

cobrabeebop

Established Member
I just got done with this. It was pretty easy. The instructions say to put anti seize on the bolt and washers so its a little messy but the tool works well. I did it out of the car though. I dont think there would be any clearance problems under the car .

cobrabeebop

Established Member
I dont think the tool is designed for the control arms themselves. only the upper housing bushings. Changing the upper housing bushings is usually a real pain. The tool was worth the price for me. I havent changed control arm bushings before. What kind of arms do you have?

anyone change control arm bushings before? Do they just press in?

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
cobrabeebop said:
I dont think the tool is designed for the control arms themselves. only the upper housing bushings. Changing the upper housing bushings is usually a real pain. The tool was worth the price for me. I havent changed control arm bushings before. What kind of arms do you have?

anyone change control arm bushings before? Do they just press in?

Mine are just the stock units. I'm pretty sure the bushings are the ones that Ford put on them at the factory. They are ready for an upgrade!

Users who are viewing this thread