Control arms

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Who has the upper and lower control arms on their cars. What brand are you using and how do you like them? Which ones to avoid when shopping?

I'm going to add some traction to my car hopefully ;-)
My 97 had a huge amount of suspension work done when I bought it and my 96's suspension was completely stock. I can't compare the two, so I thought I'd get some comparisons from you guys before I swap mine over.

I don't plan any power adders right now. I aim to get the most from the factory motor without touching it if I can. Traction of the available power seems like a good starting point. Thanks for any comments.

Mystic 544

Established Member
I'm working on doing the same thing right now!
Need Uppers/Lowers and full length sub frame connectors. Shocks/struts and springs too...there goes the tax refund!
Looking for suggestions and group purchases or good $ deals :)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Mystic 544
I'm working on doing the same thing right now!
Need Uppers/Lowers and full length sub frame connectors. Shocks/struts and springs too...there goes the tax refund!
Looking for suggestions and group purchases or good $ deals :)

I am in the process of installing panard bar(done) subframe connectors, torque arm, and lower control arms on our 95. With this setup, you run without the upper control arms and the quad shocks.

This is for open tracking, so your needs for the drag strip may be different. Hate to see you buy something now and remove it in a future upgrade.

Brian

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I've heard good thing about the Steeda 5 link. Being able to use it in either capacity I mean. It is adjustable by a track bar like adjustment. They do reccomend stock or drag shocks for drag racing and stock or lowered springs for road racing. If you use this it does require a side exit exhaust. I'm thinking about the Steeda adjustable uppers and HD lowers. This will help all around and won't kill me.

Users who are viewing this thread