Convertable Top-Boot

PIXER

Banned
Is the boot the same (fitment, looks, etc.) for all '94-'04 mustangs?

I thought Sn-95's would be different and have thus had a hard time (to get one cheap) finding one.
But if the New edge stuff fits, then it should be easier.
I see a few adds on ebay saying '94/'04 but yo know how ebay can be sometime.
thanks

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
No they are not.

94-98 boots are a darker black, shinier when amoralled (sp). The 99/01 boot (I don't know about 03/04) is more of a charcoal color cover and a little thinner material - made by the same company that did the 94-98 but definitely different.

For example - a boot that looks like this....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000...014QQitemZ330218080547QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
will NOT fit 94-98 - it is thinner and the plastic clip on the front is smaller. It's a vinyl material. The 94-98 is a leather-ish material.

Here is what you need:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...009QQitemZ190205071184QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
I paid around $125 for mine back in 01. You can see the ridges and the darker leather material. The seller is just a tool who doesn't have his years right, or wants more ebay views. :)

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
Yeah, they are definetely different. 98 was the end of the boots that'll fit the SN95s. And for the record, I can't stand it. One of the sides of the flaps with always stick up slighty, if not both sides. The clips/flaps that keep it tucked in never seem to grip very good, and my drivers side always comes up a little...at least enough to bother me when looking in the side mirrors.

IMO, i wouldn't waste too much money on one. You'll find yourself bothered taking it on and off and having nowhere to put it.

SVT-VNM

Established Member
Yeah, they are definetely different. 98 was the end of the boots that'll fit the SN95s. And for the record, I can't stand it. One of the sides of the flaps with always stick up slighty, if not both sides. The clips/flaps that keep it tucked in never seem to grip very good, and my drivers side always comes up a little...at least enough to bother me when looking in the side mirrors.

IMO, i wouldn't waste too much money on one. You'll find yourself bothered taking it on and off and having nowhere to put it.

Pretty spot on. I have this one for my car now that I use and the OEM sits in the laundry room (It's 100X easier to throw in the trunk): http://www.calmuscleparts.com/store/SOFT-TONNEAU-COVER-1994-2004-P6077C375.aspx

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Those hardtop cervinis ones are pretty sharp looking, but I can only imagine what an asspain they must be.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
On shipping, one source often over looked is Greyhound. I bet the boot could be shipped by them for 25.00 or less...Yes Greyhound ships. You have to go the the depot to ship and pick up but they are cheap. I once shipped a cub RC airplane that was in a box eight feet by four feet for 45 dollars. Off the subject but good info if you guys ship things as much as I do. I have an extra boot....for a 98. Make me an offer.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
01 and up have snaps on the quarter trim. so if you add those, im pretty sure you can use the newer style.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
any pics?

+1

this top sparks my curiosity now. It looks really suave, and if it's flush and whatnot...its something i wouldn't mind buying :beer:

either post the pics here or drop me a PM. thanx man!

SVT-VNM

Established Member
Alright I'm online - my photobucket was scrapped - let me see if I can find some Ocean City pictures - and yes I have the lightbar and it doesn't matter - fits fine anyways.

Lets see what I can dig up...

SVT-VNM

Established Member
Edit - Sorry guys, picturebin sucks **** @ emailing my old user info so I can't get into it and my photobucket has all old top boot stuff. Can't search for any old cruisers weekend pictures either because this search function SUCKS!

I will try to get up some shots over the next week. :)

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I have a friend that has one of these, too. He has a roll bar. He had a seamstress sew in some zippers so he can have the cover on. I don't have any pictures of mine with the cover on. I do need to get a picture.

PIXER

Banned
Edit - Sorry guys, picturebin sucks **** @ emailing my old user info so I can't get into it and my photobucket has all old top boot stuff. Can't search for any old cruisers weekend pictures either because this search function SUCKS!

I will try to get up some shots over the next week. :)

bump

SVT-VNM

Established Member
I have my OEM for sale. You interested? $120 shipped. (and I was wrong on shipping) It's perfect - I decided to let it go because I use another tonneau cover.

I have phone pictures too, PM me your email address. I couldn't get pictures of the calmustang one that I use - won't be on the car til' the beach.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480249

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread