Converted my stock oil pressure gauge

96dreamer

Established Member
While the car was down for some other odds and ends I decided to upgrade my stock oil pressure gauge using Olson's how too, link to the pdf with all the info you need to do it https://websites.godaddy.com/blob/1...1afb7/downloads/1bge8mkea_898069.pdf?c6f09509 .
Pretty straight forward using his guide and it is very nice having a real gauge. Took a video to show it off. This is after driving around for a while so the car is 100% warmed up. Motor has a Melling oil pump and is running 5w-20 schaefers 9000 oil on a fl-820s filter.

[video=youtube;MOsCIvzYcIs][/video]

Last edited:

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Kool stuff! I still have my kit from accutach sitting in my tool box for a long while now :( havent had a chance to install it. Be a next years to do project among some other minor upgrades.

96dreamer

Established Member
Took a cold start video as well.
[video=youtube;DT9lKf_x_H4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT9lKf_x_H4[/video]

GerryMX

Established Member
Mine is still working great 6 years later. Can't recommend enough.
Totally cool, man! My uncle got this incoming '96 Cobra project and it needs a lot of looks mods. We'll just finish installing the suspension and fender flares plus the winch on the Ram this week before we can clear the garage for the Cobra. We'll definitely consider that gauge kit.

Cobra52898

Muscle/Performance car junkie
Established Member
I did a similar mod on my 98 Cobra. It involved purchasing an earlier version of the same factory oil pressure gauge but, instead of being fixed to stop midway, the needle can sweep the entire range of the gage, subject to the incoming voltage signal. And a variable voltage oil pressure sending unit to replace the stock oil pressure switch. It was a simple mod to perform, using existing factory wiring (plug and play). And now indicates changes in oil pressure.

Last edited:

jmsa540

Established Member
Part number?
I did a similar mod on my 98 Cobra. It involved purchasing an earlier version of the same factory oil pressure gauge but, instead of being fixed to stop midway, the needle can sweep the entire range of the gage, subject to the incoming voltage signal. And a variable voltage oil pressure sending unit to replace the stock oil pressure switch. It was a simple mod to perform, using existing factory wiring (plug and play). And now indicates changes in oil pressure.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread